Matching up my preferred BKPs with LACEs for an FF build

Deadmask83

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've recently started looking at doing my first custom build (Skervesen hopefully) and would ideally like to do a 3-inch fan of 26-29 if they're happy with it (Drop E, A plus standard tuning on an 8) but know that BKPs angling will not stretch to this - Ben told me 10 degrees, which still won't fit a 3" fanned neck. I was going to go for a Miracle Man Bridge with a Cold Sweat neck, as I generally play Death/Thrash and enjoy the tightness of the MM while wanting a versatile neck pup for solos and if I want to go for a different tone (occasional cleans too). So considering the angling of the 3", it's been recommended I look at Lace pickups (thanks Winspear ;) ) and was wondering what you guys would think of the comparison of these two BKPs to a Deathbar bridge with an X-bar neck? Or if you can think of a better matchup, and I guess another question would be, if Skerv would prefer not to do a 3" for a 2.5 or 2, would the BKPs work... or would you still say the Laces were better?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')