Matrix GM50?

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried/heard/seen these? They look badass! Super small/lightweight too.

GM50 :: Matrix

GM50-Both-New-Small.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Looks like Tomerchants has them for $360... Not bad for a 400w mini power amp. And of its as good as the GT power amps, then I want. :D

Reaction score
Damn I didnt even realize they had a distributor in the US...they are the same price as the rocktron v300 too. I think I'll sell mine soon depending on what people have to say about these!

wakjob

Reaction score
Interesting.

Looks like you could mount it into/onto any cab.

samclarke669

Reaction score
Currently using the power amp of my 6505, which i'm hoping to sell if this works out well! Currently into an X3 live, upgrading to an HD500 within the next few months. I'm hoping i can have a streamlined setup of a small power amp, HD500 and a nice 2x12 cab!

samclarke669

Reaction score
I'm hoping 400 Watts will be enough. Granted my old Velocity 300 was plenty loud enough.

My bands other guitarist is very sceptical, thinks anything that isn't tube powered will be rubbish, too quiet and sound awful, I hope to prove him wrong :)

WarMachine

Reaction score
Hey man, im running a rocktron chameleon 2000 pre (waiting on the GSP1101 in the mail :) ) thru the power section of my 5150 and i love it! Since you have ran yours thru a 6505 and im guessing a velocity 300 as well, what are the differences in tone? If there is none i may snag up a velocity and use my 5150 as backup. I've noticed that with my chameleon i can crank up the output level and it reacts like a true tube amp, more gain, etc etc. I was just wondering if the velocity does the same.

samclarke669

Reaction score
It's been a while since I used the velocity i had, and unfortunately, mine broke! Was a royal pain getting it sorted, but I must have just had a dodgy one.

Anywho, i used it in conjunction with my old Xt Live, And i was very very impressed with it. It has a couple of controls on the front, their names escape me, which makes it a little bit more lively low volumes but sounds great when cranked! To be honest, my guitarist at the mo is using a marshal power amp, a beast of thing, with his HD500 and it doesn't sound hugely different to my old Rocktron! I've heard the Matrix's are more transparent though.

Hope this answers your question!

Reaction score
I like the rocktron but it does not sound as good as the real deal. I find you have to tweak the resonance and definition controls on it quite a bit going from guitar to guitar, which is a bit annoying.

That being said Im actually pretty happy using my hd500->V300->mesa 212 rig.

WarMachine

Reaction score
It definitely does bro! The one control i hear a lot of people talk about is reactance, im guessing that serves like a resonance maybe? Im just really curious about this, i'd love to be able to throw one in a rack and just run it at a show! My 5150 is immortal but man, the way i have it set up now, it would be so much more easier and neater having everything in one box lol. Do you guys have any clips for comparison, i.e tube power amp and pre vs velocity and pre? I havent really came across any...BUT if i snag one up, i'll definitely make one!:agreed:

')