Matrix GT1000FX Import Cost

• Thread starter DiegusMaximus32
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DiegusMaximus32

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just ordered my Axe FX II and I need a poweramp to go with it, obviously. I'm looking at the Matrix GT1000FX 1U, but I'm in the US. Has anyone ordered this unit to the US and if so, how much did it cost in total? With tax and import duties and all that. Any input would be cool.

Guitar Products

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

boltzthrower

Reaction score
I think it ended up costing around $850, if I remember correctly.
You pay quite a bit to have your US dollars converted to another currency.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I think it ended up costing around $850, if I remember correctly.
You pay quite a bit to have your US dollars converted to another currency.

Sounds right. The Axe Palace sells them, but their site is offline ATM. When it was up, the GT1000FX was between $800 - $900.

DiegusMaximus32

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Damn. I wasn't expecting the conversion to cost THAT much...Anyone have any good alternative power amp options? I only need it for live use, and looking to spend around $600.

Ghost40

Dude
Contributor
Reaction score
I got one about a month ago, the GT800FX, roughly a little under $800. I ordered it on a Tuesday, got it by Friday. Easily some of the best customer service people I have dealt with. Great power amp as well.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Slightly off topic dudes, but for you guys that have a matrix, what all preamps have you guys tried them with? I know that they are tailored so to speak for Axe Fx and POD HD's since they both have the power amp sims but does anyone know how they work out with older preamps that dont have this? Im just trying to find a way to sub out using my 5150 for a power amp if a matrix or even velocity would push the sound the same way. It would be nice to load everything into a 4 or 6U case and let ol faithful take a break lol.

j0eyaces

Reaction score
Holy Shit! I just came on to make almost the exact same post!! only I was going to order a GT1000FX2U.

Here's my situation, I can afford the Matrix Power amp now, but I really wanted to get the Fryette 2/90/2... Since I'm not playing shows and I am only doing studio work and house jams I figured I would ask if I should settle for the Matrix over the Fryette...

Someone please tell me if I am going to regret not saving for the Fryette...

Axe-FX II will be on the way once I get my tax refund back!! hopefully Uncle Sam doesn't stomp on my balls too hard like he did last year!

Thanks

Ghost40

Dude
Contributor
Reaction score
Slightly off topic dudes, but for you guys that have a matrix, what all preamps have you guys tried them with? I know that they are tailored so to speak for Axe Fx and POD HD's since they both have the power amp sims but does anyone know how they work out with older preamps that dont have this? Im just trying to find a way to sub out using my 5150 for a power amp if a matrix or even velocity would push the sound the same way. It would be nice to load everything into a 4 or 6U case and let ol faithful take a break lol.

I have used mine with a Engl e530, Pod HD Pro, Axe FX, and Marshall JMP-1 and all sound great through there. The Matrix is really transparent. I have been able to get really good tones from the setups. I just prefer a mesa dr.

Holy Shit! I just came on to make almost the exact same post!! only I was going to order a GT1000FX2U.

Here's my situation, I can afford the Matrix Power amp now, but I really wanted to get the Fryette 2/90/2... Since I'm not playing shows and I am only doing studio work and house jams I figured I would ask if I should settle for the Matrix over the Fryette...

Axe-FX II will be on the way once I get my tax refund back!! hopefully Uncle Sam doesn't stomp on my balls too hard like he did last year!

Thanks

Hard to say since I have never owned a Fryette. I have only used a marshall power amp, and a rocktron v300 prior to this. I will say that the matrix sounded better than the two previous. Its lightweight, takes up little space. Your back will thank you.

WarMachine

Reaction score

Thanks
Haha, great minds dude! :wavey:

WarMachine

Reaction score
I have used mine with a Engl e530, Pod HD Pro, Axe FX, and Marshall JMP-1 and all sound great through there. The Matrix is really transparent. I have been able to get really good tones from the setups. I just prefer a mesa dr.

Hard to say since I have never owned a Fryette. I have only used a marshall power amp, and a rocktron v300 prior to this. I will say that the matrix sounded better than the two previous. Its lightweight, takes up little space. Your back will thank you.
Thanks man. I've heard several people say they prefer the matrix over any others. I probably will just end up grabbing one at some point and then if it doesnt do what i want i'll just trade/sell it. The main thing is that my 5150 im sure colors the tone with the tubes, presence and resonance. I just need to figure out if my preamp is gonna be killer without it before i can make a decision. Thanks dude.:wavey:

DiegusMaximus32

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Damn, it's looking like the Matrix is well worth it. Now my only concern is whether or not to get the 1U or 2U. I like the space conservation aspect of the 1u and it looks so clean, but will it stand up to big gigs? And will it overheat? I can't imagine it would sell as much as it does if it had that issue, but it's good to ask. Anyone have any experience gigging with these units?

DiegusMaximus32

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Just got this bad boy the other day, forgot to do a post haha. Here it is! Not connected yet though, waiting on my Port City cab to get here tomorrow ;)

Will post a video tomorrow when it's all good to go. So far, the unit is much smaller in person than you would imagine (that's what she said). Lightweight, quiet, and killer lights. Other than that, not much to say until I hear it.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 15
')