Matrix Gurus, i need your input

• Thread starter WarMachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Ok, there are a few that really get my attention:

GM50 (just cool as shit you can load it in a 4x12 :hbang:)
GT800FX
GT1000FX

How do these vary? Obviously not talking about wattage here, but in terms of the tones do you guys know how much they vary from one another? if there's little to no variance i'd LOVE to get a GM50 and just cut out a spot in my cab and load it in there, that'd be ....ing killer! :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
The GT1000FX came after the 800 and people say they improved the "feel" to where it feels more like a tube amp than the 800. I think the GM came later as well.

I dont have any of them, I have just read a lot since I am thinking about upgrading to one...

jeb

Reaction score
If I'm not saying bullshit, the damp factor on gt1000fx is better than the gt800fx so the gt1000fx feels a little more like a tube power, and the gm50 is the same as the gt1000fx except mono and less power.

I have a gm50 and I can't be more happy!! Those things rock solid!!

WarMachine

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I have read up on them as well but not in depth and in the seriousness of getting one until now. I may roll with the 1000 or the 50, just the idea of putting the amp in my cab is just wicked lol. i was thinking all it would take would be to drill some holes, jigsaw the hole out and put some shims inside the cab itself, to keep the amp recessed a bit, then cover it with a grill of some kind to allow the fan to breathe and cut a spot out for the power switch.

')