FS Matrix Q12a FRFR powered speaker

• Thread starter cardinal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Matrix Q12a
Modifications (if any): none
Accessories (hardshell case etc): power cord; I think I have the original shipping box
Location (City,State or City,Country): Northern VA
International OK? : no, sorry
Contact Info (No Phone #s): pm here
References (eBay or other forum userid): cardinal here, Rig-Talk, The Gear Page, TalkBass; z28sjor on eBay
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $550 shipped OBO
Pictures:

nd2a0qijiw2hotgxckhp.jpg

shtj52jwi0ic5ggpsrqn.jpg

I've used this with modelers for both guitar and bass, and it sounds fantastic. Gets very loud and has lots of "thump." Really great FRFR solution.

Here's the info from Matrix:
Designed for those guitarists wanting a more traditional looking cabinet as part of their backline the Q12 series combines high build quality, light weight and exceptional portability in a 1x12 style guitar cab whilst providing a transparent sound, allowing guitar players who need a FRFR system to reproduce on stage the sounds created on studio monitors and headphones at home, without colouration from the speaker.

Utilising the same full range coaxial driver used in our popular CFR12 wedge, the Q12a gives a wide 80 degrees dispersion pattern, with plenty of bottom end oomphf, usually only found in bigger cabs, all coupled with great power handling at 260 Watts RMS with a rating of 8 ohms.

The power for the Q12a is provided by Matrix's highly respected GM50 mono-bloc module, already proven and used by professional cab builders and DIY buffs alike. Delivering plenty of high quality class A/B power with the same voicing as our flagship GT1000 amp ensures an uncoloured valve like feel with enough power to handle the loudest of on stage situations.

When the GM50 module is switched off (and for safety we recommend unplugging the power cable as well) you are able to run the cab in passive mode from an external amp. The speaker link works as normal allowing the daisy chaining of cabs together. Back in active mode the speaker input must be disconnected and the speaker link allows power from the GM50 to drive the daisy chained cabs to a minimum 4 ohms load in total. For the Q12a input to the GM50 module is via a combi XLR 1/4 inch input. To give the module protection during transport we've recessed the GM50 into the cab ensuring no connectors or the volume pot can be easily damaged.

vejichan

Reaction score
Would u consider trading it for my macbook pro 2014 mid?

Attachments

• 20190207_063504.jpg
    20190207_063504.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.