Matt from NC

Backlash01

Reaction score
heyo 7-string people!!

I'm Matt from Nc, I'm in a Death Metal band called Spine Extraction from the hickory area, there is another user here that is also in the band, my 7-String mentor Jarrod (user ID: Evil7) I'm also in another band from the hickory area called Paradigm Shift, it's more Trash/Groove metal based, I've been playing, working on, selling and giving lessons for Guitar for over 8 years now.

I've had very little Experience with 7-strings in the past, when i joined Spine Extraction at the start of November I wasn't sure how I'd like playing a full on 7-String all the time. but now i can't seem to put it down. I didn't own one of my own (I'm currently in the Market for one) and Jarrod was kind enough to lend me one (an RG7321) to play until i buy whichever one i decide on.

I have 2 Music degree's, one is Music Theory, and the other is Recording Engineering, I currently work for a small studio in my town. My Primary music interest is Groove and Trash Metal (Pantera, BLS, DOWN, Lamb of God) although since I've been playing for a Death metal as of recent, I'm beginning to get a taste for it as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and helping as much as i can, as well as Learning from all you seasoned 7-String veterans. thanks for having me!! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
Hey Hey Matt!!
Its really cool you signed up here. This place is full of knowledge! I have learned so much since i've been here.. I first signed up to get ideas for picking my new sevenstring last feb... I Fucking love SS.org.....

Its really cool talking to famous people in well known bands as well / getting advice from them sometimes... I've randomly talked to a Guitarplayer from Allegaeon and Whitechapel just to name a few.

There are top custom builders who are members here.. Berni Rico Jr. Son of B.C. RICH and many other top of the line guitar builders.. Most of the Agile guitars are built off specs from members feedback here..... The Ibanez xiphos 7 string was built the same way.. People of ss.org voiced what they wanted in a Seven...

Checkin out step by step build threads is awesome and has me wanting to be a carpenter more then ever in my life!!!! hahaha!

Just make sure to post in the right sections and never use all caps in subjects of threads ... lol the rules are posted somewhere.. You're a smart dude, you'll figure it out lol
Did I mention I love this place!
:welcome: Homie!

')