Matt's newest custom order - Oni 7-string Fanned Fret Carbon Fiber \m/

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I sold a few guitars recently and decided it was time to pull the trigger with our Australian home skillet! :wub: Here are the specs on the build:

(based in large part on Bostjan's ridiculously cool 8-string CF custom, thanks for having that built dude! :metal:)

Oni Custom 7-string:

Body wood: Sitka Spruce
Neck wood: Sitka Spruce
Fretboard wood: Acrylized Macassar Ebony
Frets: 24 Stainless Steel Jumbo frets, Fanned frets
Scales for fan: 25" on the high side to either 26.5" or 27" on the low side, tuned to B standard
Pickups: Custom-wound Oni pickups - Bridge: Tone mixed between a BKP Painkiller and Miracle Man (hot and crazy pinch harmonics but still retaining clarity), Neck: Fluid tone with high articulation
Special features: Carbon Fiber twill covering for strength, stability and asthetics
Color: Carbon Fiber with a slight blackburst (almost like a silverburst with the CF showing in the middle) on the edges
Controls: Volume, Tone (push-pull coil split), 3-way toggle
Body Shape: Same as Bostjan's 8-string, even more contoured and sleek as there won't be a need for a huge control cavity without the piezo/synth PCBs in there :D
Neck Carve: As close to a JP7 as possible :)

Not sure if I left anything out but if I did I'll update it later! :D It's going to be a few months before updates as Dan has a lot of work going on so be patient for pics and whatnot. This is going to be extremely sweet though, I tell you that much! :yesway: Thanks again Dan, great chatting with you the other day! :wub:

Also for those that either never saw Bostjan's killer 8-string custom Oni or forgot about how awesome it was, my 7 will be similar to this but with a neck pickup and 24 frets instead of 27:

Oni&

:wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DIBS! :D

Seriously, that's going to kick ass :yesway:

My only comment is pure black Gaboon Ebony would look cooler with the CF black burst than the brown/black grained Macassar Ebony, but that's just my personal preference.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
You should lend me some of that money that buys you all these kickass guitars..

Or one of your Carvin's.. That would do.

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds hot dude. Congrats. :cheers: Can't wait to see finished pics.

Piledriver

Reaction score
hope you wont sell it like the sherman.

but anyhow,i would go with a natural wood kinda of a thing with the beautiful rosewood looking neck oni uses.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
matt, you're crazy. I look forward to pics :)

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
That's going to be one sexy guitar when you get it. How long till we see it?