MaxOfMetal's Post Deemed "Dickish"

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Are we not (mostly) men here? Since when was “being a dick” necessarily a bad thing? If the shoe fits

Speaking from experience here - I’ve been a total dick to the few close friends I’ve made over the years, and it usually endeared me to them.

Not talking about screwing someone over or being a weasel, just calling it like one sees it/being genuine.

Last edited:

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Seriously though. I post about Oli Herbert, have an argument with one of the moderators, have a disagreement with said moderator Max of Metal and they change the thread title.

Just like I said, he proved that he's a kid with a magnifying glass on ants.

8082161-14685361202288437.jpg

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Seriously though. I post about Oli Herbert, have an argument with one of the moderators, have a disagreement with said moderator Max of Metal and they change the thread title.

Just like I said, he proved that he's a kid with a magnifying glass on ants.

View attachment 94004

there was no “argument” though. He gave his opinion and you immediately called him a dick. That’s not how arguments typically go.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Also, I've been on this guitar forum for 10 years now. Max is quite knowledgeable of gear and guitars, I'll give him that.

But damn, from what I've seen and observed over the ten years on here? I'll stick with my first response to him.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
@Manurack - As a community, we're given a team of people with an ultimate goal of keeping this forum running strong. No one moderator is ever going to appeal to everyone all of the time. But these dudes are volunteering their time to do what they do here and although I can't speak for anyone, I'd guess that they continue to do what they do out of affection for the community. Moderators are just dudes that love guitar/ love music so I'd say that SSO Admin as well as the community itself, has been pretty fortunate to retain all of these current mods.

No one is always going to agree with everyone on every topic. I look at what the mods do here across a very broad spectrum and I'd say that given all of the various hoops that they are asked to jump thru, that they do a damn good job. They have to appeal to the community overall and make decisions based on what's best for the forum... not each individual member. What I respect most about @MaxOfMetal is that I've always felt as though he's very transparent. To me, that's one of the most valuable assets of any moderator. It's not easy to rub elbows with the heard, constantly try to lend tech help, appeal to your own conscience, and to put out fires before they get out of control.

All of that is a lot to ask or expect of someone and if you're going to consider all of these aspects, I'd hope that at least overall, you feel that Max has done a damn good job of helping to keep this place an active and fun place to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')