Maxon ST9pro+

• Thread starter ezboarderz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
it’s a stand out winner imo.
nothing else i’ve tried boosts amps as aggressively as an ST-9/ST-9 based circuit does.

heck yeah, i’ve got one of those KHDK LCFR boards in my pile of PCBs waiting to build 🤟🏻
The LCFR is basically a lightly modified BB Preamp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
dude i just finished mine yesterday.
holy crap.
this is a very good overdrive.
i am converted.

i thought the ST-9 was just fine as it is, but damn, this VFE version really did make it better. all those additional controls/mods are not redundant.
super cool.

Damn, you're making me want an Ice Scream or a Frost Drive. A HPF on an overdrive is a must for me.
That's hilarious---don't those still go for nutty prices?

owlexifry

Reaction score
certainly looks like it!

Damn, you're making me want an Ice Scream or a Frost Drive. A HPF on an overdrive is a must for me.
you’d be hard pressed to find a genuine VFE ice cream pedal, but if you’re willing to have a go at building one, you can grab a board and do it yourself (frost drive, link is on page 1).
for a newbie it shouldn’t be too tricky, uses stock standard common parts (except for the 2-pole dip switch and C100K dual gang pot)

Shask

Reaction score
certainly looks like it!

you’d be hard pressed to find a genuine VFE ice cream pedal, but if you’re willing to have a go at building one, you can grab a board and do it yourself (frost drive, link is on page 1).
for a newbie it shouldn’t be too tricky, uses stock standard common parts (except for the 2-pole dip switch and C100K dual gang pot)
I originally did mine to the Mint specs, but I kind of also want to build 2 more, to the Vanilla, and Sherbert specs, lol.

owlexifry

Reaction score
I originally did mine to the Mint specs, but I kind of also want to build 2 more, to the Vanilla, and Sherbert specs, lol.
same.
i did vanilla specs. didn’t want it get too spicy.
sherbert specs almost looks like it’s going into distortion territory..

Shask

Reaction score
same.
i did vanilla specs. didn’t want it get too spicy.
sherbert specs almost looks like it’s going into distortion territory..
I saw that Mint seemed like the most common version out in the wild, so that is why I went with that one.

')