(maybe) UV custom 7-string

• Thread starter Serratus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serratus

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is a feeler for the sale of one of my custom 7-strings. I built this one when I was in business customising guitars.

It's based on an RG7620, so it has a 7620 neck in which I replaced the fingerboard with an oiled plain maple board with a green vine inlay. It has a custom built body with a lions paw and monkey grip, made from mahogany with a thick quilted maple front, and a matching maple veneer on the headstock. It finished with a thick coat of cellulose lacquer, which has sunk into the grain slightly (as cellulose does) so it's not completely mirror-like but is polished to a shiny gloss. It has a LoPro trem, green dimarzio blaze custom in the bridge and blaze neck. The electronics are from stewmac and it has a volume and a 5-way rotary switch (like a PRS) which allows some unusual series and parallel tones from the pickups (the electronics cavity is the same as a 7620 though so you could make a slot for a normal 5-way selector and change it to that if you wanted), and it has a jem-style jack socket. It's in excellent overall condition - a small ding in the lacquer by the neck and some swirls in the lacquer that could be polished out, and the fingerboard's getting a bit dirty (nothing a bit of wire wool and oil wouldn't sort out). It comes in an Ibanez moulded hardcase.

I'd like around GBP£700 (shipped in the UK) for it really, and I would much prefer to sell to the UK. My E8ay name is *richf* to check feedback, and I live in Devon, UK. Any questions PM me - here are a couple of pics from when I finished building it - I can take some new pics if anyone's definitely interested.

DSC00253.JPG

DSCF5008.JPG

DSCF4997.JPG

DSCF5000.JPG

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i'd just like to say that's a gorgeous guitar!

HammerAndSickle

Guitar Comrade
Reaction score
That is seriously the most stunning instrument I've laid eyes on.

How much is 700 pounds in US dollars? Oh my god, that is so wonderful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed: What a beautiful guitar

I'm not a big fan of lion's paw, money grip or vine inlays but they work well and I'm glad it has them, if it didn't I wouldn't be able to resist buying it and I can't afford to buy another guitar at the moment.

I have to ask looking at that, why the hell did you stop customising?

Serratus

Reaction score
This guitar is now on hold for someone on jemsite.

The RG2027XVV that's for sale in a different thread is still available.

Thanks for the comments guys - the reason I stopped is because I never had time to do guitars for me when I was doing it as a business (so I lost a great hobby). Much as I liked working on guitars all the time, it's really nice to be able to leave work at the end of the day and have guitar building as a hobby again.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, I know this forum isn't for chat, but that is just the sexiest guitar I've seen in a long time! :holy:

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
This guitar is now on hold for someone on jemsite.

Cool, man. Beautiful guitar. Someone's gonna be very lucky. I'm gonna lock this one up.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: IF YOU KNOW THE RULES, THEN ABIDE BY THEM. OTHERWISE, A FEW OF THESE WILL BE HANDED OUT. LAST WARNING. :ban:

THANKS. :squint:

Status
Not open for further replies.