Mayhem: 'De Mysteries Dom Sathanas' Appreciation Thread.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This album has never ever lost it's impact on me since the first time I heard it at about age 15. 'Life Eternal' and 'Freezing Moon' in particular.

Discuss...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
i've honestly never been a big black metal fan. I've also never given this album a front to back listen, so if i can find a copy i will, then chime in.

I will say that mayhem do have their moments with some good songs but for the most part its not my thing.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
love this album the best of anything mayhem has ever come out with, and to me freezing moon will always be an epitome of black metal at it's best

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
always wanted to buy the whole album, jsut got the mayhem/meads of asphodel split on vinyl with freezing moon on it, but from all mayhem songs i know, i think it does not get better.

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
Haven't heard the album, but I quite like the song. Has anyone heard Anaal Nathrakh's cover of the title track? It's awesome tastic.

Shaman

Reaction score
One of the best/most unique black metal albums ever.

I first heard the album ten years ago and still has the same impact on me. Albums rarely have an atmosphere like this one, like watching a horror movie.

')