Mayhem Fest Revival=Summer Laughter 2.0?

• Thread starter BusinessMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score

Pretty weak lineup for hyping up the revival of this festival. This is a one off show with touring festival for 2025 (lineup not yet announced). I personally feel like this is a pretty weak lineup, similar to summer slaughter tour. I was only ever able to go to the 2012 and 2013 shows and those were awesome with much more “mayhem” worthy bands.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Jokes on you, Mayhem Fest always had just OK lineups, 2009 looks to be the best of the bunch, but I always had high hopes for it and then was just like, "oh, thats it?"

Demiurge

Reaction score
I don't want to be all like "ugh, these metal bands aren't famous enough" when metal bands aren't conventionally famous anyway, but if you don't have Mayhem and Methods of Mayhem co-headlining, what's the point?

Perge

Reaction score

Pretty weak lineup for hyping up the revival of this festival. This is a one off show with touring festival for 2025 (lineup not yet announced). I personally feel like this is a pretty weak lineup, similar to summer slaughter tour. I was only ever able to go to the 2012 and 2013 shows and those were awesome with much more “mayhem” worthy bands.
Nah, there's plenty of bands on there that could headline their own tour

Suicide silence
Unearth
Born of osiris
Jinjer
Kittie
Parkway drive
Architects
After the burial
Darkest hour

It's not the heaviest line up, but it's a solid show.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Distill this down to ATB // ABR // Unearth, and now you've got a show.

I can't put my finger on why this lineup just doesn't hit. There's a decent amount of bigger bands on here but they don't feel like they 'mesh' very well.
Am I just getting old or what because I remember 10 years ago looking at bills for all these fests I couldn't afford to see being stacked.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
No Iron Maiden. Again. No fear of missing this one, just the dark.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pretty weak line up my ass … A7X , Architects , Parkway Drive , and Bad Omens ( arguably the biggest band in metal right now along with ST ) . That’s pretty stacked right there . Then there’s WCAR , BoO , and ABR . Some of the biggest metalcore giants are all performing at this show , plus the other amazing bands I could write an essay on . This is a great line up , and if money wasn’t an issue definitely one I’d go see .

I don’t really understand some of the self proclaimed metal fans . There’s so many European festivals that are rad , that us North Americans don’t get to see . Then we get festivals here and suddenly people think the line up is shit , even though all the bands have been putting out great music for years ?

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Pretty weak line up my ass … A7X , Architects , Parkway Drive , and Bad Omens ( arguably the biggest band in metal right now along with ST )
A7X is not on the bill though.

Maybe it's because I'm 38 but I have not seen a stacked lineup for a festival in ages. When you get to see the lineup like the 2005 Sounds of The Underground, how can you compare?
Untitled.png

Or getting to see this absolute insane lineup in 2007. And for only $30!!!!!
cff0368216d64547c5d073cbcc884905.gif

BeyonThe7thSeal

Reaction score
A7X is not on the bill though.

Maybe it's because I'm 38 but I have not seen a stacked lineup for a festival in ages. When you get to see the lineup like the 2005 Sounds of The Underground, how can you compare?
View attachment 144646

Or getting to see this absolute insane lineup in 2007. And for only $30!!!!!
View attachment 144647
Full Terror Assault had a few good years of some really decent extreme metal but the last few years to me have seen it degrade to mainly pizza/party thrash bands. Which is ok, just not my thing.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I don't think metal is as popular anymore. I definitely don't think it's as diverse anymore, which would explain it.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Huh? Unless I am remembering wrong Mayhem always had cheesy lineups. And on top of that, this lineup actually looks pretty decent

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Distill this down to ATB // ABR // Unearth, and now you've got a show.

I can't put my finger on why this lineup just doesn't hit. There's a decent amount of bigger bands on here but they don't feel like they 'mesh' very well.
Am I just getting old or what because I remember 10 years ago looking at bills for all these fests I couldn't afford to see being stacked.
I think it's the lack of diversity. Feels like they pulled a bunch of bigger names in metalcore and deathcore out of a hit and threw 'em together. Makes the lineup feel very paint-by-numbers. Like you said, it feels like it doesn't mesh well.

It's still a sick lineup for sure, but it's not something I'd be dying to go to. (Though ABR playing Constellations in full is rad.)

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Was Kittie actually popular back in the day? I remember a lot of counter culture gals liked them at the time, but they didn't really catch on for other folks.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Was Kittie actually popular back in the day? I remember a lot of counter culture gals liked them at the time, but they didn't really catch on for other folks.
.... eh. They were probably popular enough to open for the closer of the side stage at Lollapalooza if there had been a Lollapalooza in 1999.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Lmao the Mayhem lineup is absolutely fucking stacked, the idea that this is in any way comparable to Summer Slaughter is asinine.

')