Mayhem lineup thread

• Thread starter Jakke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
So, I've always been an avid black metal fan, and the band who started it all was Mayhem. These norwegian heroes has gone through a lot of lineup changes over the years, all with their own distinct sound...

So, my question to you is: What lineup is your favourite?
Mine is two actually, the late 90:s with Maniac and Blasphemer before Maniac started to flip(hahaha, "flip"), and the lineup before this with Blasphemer and Attila:hbang:

Please, only write here if you enjoy The True Mayhem, don't go in here to say that Mayhem sucks ass... Thank you!:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ironbird666

Reaction score
the late 90:s with Maniac and Blasphemer

I think we're in the minority here, but that's my favorite period of the band also. I enjoy the classic albums as well, but Wolf's Lair Abyss to Chimera are my personal favorites. I really enjoy Blasphemer's riffing and Maniac's completely twisted vocals. I'm not really big on Attila but I enjoy his work with the band. Mayhem's work as a whole is some of my favorite black metal of all time. :metal:

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
I think we're in the minority here, but that's my favorite period of the band also. I enjoy the classic albums as well, but Wolf's Lair Abyss to Chimera are my personal favorites. I really enjoy Blasphemer's riffing and Maniac's completely twisted vocals. I'm not really big on Attila but I enjoy his work with the band. Mayhem's work as a whole is some of my favorite black metal of all time. :metal:

Blasphemer is one of my favourite extreme metal player, he used low grade equipment but still got such a stellar tone:hbang:

I love the thrashy "Slaughter Of Dreams" from Chimera. I also love "Wall Of Water" from Ordo Ad Chao

Ironbird666

Reaction score
Blasphemer/Maniac era is my favourite. GDOW is my fav album of black metal, period.

I recently revisited GDOW a few days ago, really great record IMO. When it first came out I was the only one in my little circle of metal loving friends to actually really enjoy it. They all thought it sucked. I felt it was pretty ahead of it's time for black metal but I guess the spoken word vocals/Maniac in general turned a lot of people off.

Jakke, I absolutely love Freezing Moon. That intro is so simple but is one of the most chilling things I've ever heard.

longfalcon

Reaction score
i think was, like the only black metal dude at college to really fucking like Chimera

i thought it was pretty sick, disgusting and brutal at the same time

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
haha i thought this thread was going to be about that metal tour with megadeth and all shall perish haha

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I love the version of Freezing Moon with Dead on vocals.

I also love DMDT, but I think it would have sounded even better with Dead instead of Attila.

Alexjorgenson667

Reaction score
Blaphemer, Attila, Hellhammer, and Necrobutcher is killer. Imagine GDOW with Attila. I think it could have been way better perhaps.

Ordo Ab Chao is a Masterpiece in my view.