Mayones Custom 7 string

• Thread starter OWHall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Hey there everybody.
Im planning on getting a custom regius 7 some time soon when i can afford it :p ive already decided on almost all the options but im a little bit stuck on the fret board. I've always loved maple fret boards and i was edging towards that, however i also want spalted maple top-wood and i am concerned that the guitar might look a bit retarded if everything is maple. I have heared that ebony is a good replacement for maple and might look better? but I have never tried an ebony fretboard.
Im not interested in rosewood so basically im asking if maple will look stupid.
Please feel free to post any relevant pictures :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ara_

Reaction score
Mayones does awesome transparent finishes, so you could get spalted maple in trans-black with a birdseye maple fretboard or something

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Google some pics. I've seen spalt w a maple board look good. I had a guitar w a spalt top and ebony board too. It looks/sounds good too. If you're getting a custom, get what you want. If you don't think it looks stupid, fuck what I think. :2c:

OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
Mayones does awesome transparent finishes, so you could get spalted maple in trans-black with a birdseye maple fretboard or something
I agree, that would look awesome, but i am quite into the sort of natural look, particularly for a custom

BeyondAntares

Reaction score
i second the trans black transparent top for the body.

Stick with maple - see if you can get some dark binding for the maple neck to help make it stand out?

')