Mayones Legend vs Skervesen Tamandua

• Thread starter Kaff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaff

Reaction score
Soo.... I have a really bad GAS for a telecaster-ish 7-string which would serve as my "main" guitar. My current main instrument is an Ibanez UV777BK, but I'd like something with a solid bridge and top notch build quality. These two guitars do it for me aesthetically, but unfortunately, I have no way of trying out either one. Tamandua is listed as costing around 2200€ shipped, I'm guessing the Mayo costs about 1000€ more.

Anyhow, which one would you go for if you had the choice?

legend%20vs%20tamandua_zpsakf6pvr2.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-22%20at%2000.56.53_zpsv2cbrarf.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lemons

Reaction score
Go for the Legend. Also since they're both custom shops the spec list doesn't really do much good.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Grab both. It's the only way you'll be happy

You could also go hapas

3E1A7A32-DC63-4193-A4A4-CB91CE438CD6_zpsclqoycq4.jpg

Stooge1996

Reaction score
I'd go the tamandua. Either with a more vintage style headstock or the 4AP headstock. The legend just looks off to me and i vibe with the supertele thing the tamandua has going on

Masoo2

Reaction score
I personally think the Legend has a much classier look while the Tamandua is a bit overaggressive compared to a traditional tele, so I'd recommend the Mayo.

kaaka

Reaction score
I would easily go for Mayones, I have first hand experience with both brands (owned Skervesen, played several Mayones).

Also worth to think about is that Mayones are more expensive - but if u can stomach the price you will get a guitar a few steps above... Mayones is really one of the top notch builders.

2liveis2die35

Reaction score
I've owned both brands and skervesen is great but something about mayones just jives with me better.but that's just me

GhostAT69

Reaction score
I'll take Skerv, something wrong with that Legend's shape for me.
Tamandua looks much more agressive, not like daddy's guitar :>

Kaff

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, I think I'd personally go with Mayones mainly because of their reputation and I sort of dig the "classic" look of the Legend. Tamandua for me looks more metal.

I found a significantly cheaper way of easing my GAS for a 7st tele (more info on that coming soon on the Luthiery forum).

')