Mayones Regius 6 NGD/review/issue?

• Thread starter seekfreed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

seekfreed

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's the update!

I have contacted the guys in the Netherlands and after a short explanation that they have never encountered a problem like this they told me to contact ProMusicTools and get things sorted out through them.
After some consideration I just skipped that part and contacted Mayones directly. Let me summarize their response for you real quick:

It's physics ... duh! Guitars are imperfect anyways.

So what would you guys at the workshop suggest?

Maybe try the Fender Fat Fingers...

And thats that.
I for my part have accepted the fact that my guitar has this particular dead spot and it's up to me to do something about it. After experimenting with different weights I came to the conclusion that 40g offered me the best solution to my problem.
So I cut a piece of metal that it would weigh roughly that weight and glued it to the headstock (I used 3M
double-sided adhesive tape). My experiments showed me that the placement of my makeshift fix was also of importance. The further towards the tip the better (hehe).

What are the results?
Basically the deadspot moved down to the eleventh fret. It feels like the deadspot kinda split. The 12th fret still has a slightly shorter sustain than for example the 14th fret but the deadspot on the 11th is way less dramatic than it was on the 12th before.

This is not an ideal solution in my eyes. But before I start altering or even drilling into this piece of art I'd rather have some metal attached/glued to the headstock. This fix can be changed and removed any time without cosmetical or functional drawbacks.
I would also not want a different guitar like some have suggested because this one is mine. I have waited for a long time and I do have a connection to it. This "issue" can't take that away.

Also have you seen the top on this thing?! :D

It is what it is I guess!

Here's a pic of it

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')