Mayones Regius 7 VF Multiscale Build

JMO831

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Recently joined the forum. Figured I'd use my first post for an incredible guitar I will have in 4 months...

Yes - A MULTISCALE Regius 7! It will have the new contours. Figured Pale Moon Ebony everywhere... The attached photo includes the selected top we will be using! It will be cleaned up and book-matched.

Specs are:
Figured Pale Moon Ebony top, fretboard, and headstock cover
Swamp Ash body & Exotic I neck
20 inch radius & 25.4 - 27 scale
Stainless Steel Extra Jumbo frets
3-Ply Pearl Acrylic binding (Black ABS/Black Pearl/Black ABS)
SB-30 Side Dots
Hipshot Grip-Lock Open Gear Locking Tuners with SK1 buttons
BKP Juggernaut Calibrated Set - black bobbins & black poles
1-Volume (push-pull) - tone knob position
Wenge Knob with Pale Moon Ebony Top
T-NAT-M finish on body, neck, and headstock

I'll be sure to update this thread with incoming photos from Mayones... Stay tuned!

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 241

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JMO831

Reaction score
It's a term the Mayones team uses for their 11-ply necks that include: wenge-mahogany-padouk-maple (wenge dominant).

Deegatron

Reaction score
do they flatten a kitchen sink and laminate that in as well?
Seems like an excessive amount of laminations to me...

Do they specify an advantage for this construction such as superior stability or is it mostly for visual appeal?

JMO831

Reaction score
They do specify how multi-layer laminated necks increase rigidity and therefore stability. They also claim that this type of construction increases sustain... But we don't want to go down that rabbit hole haha. I'd like to think that heavier/denser woods keep more of the vibration on the strings (less absorption via the neck). And wenge is already a pretty heavy/dense wood, so maybe their claim is true? At least, in the case of the Exotic I neck... I'd have to see what types of woods are used in the other Exotic necks.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Ooooo boy that's gonna be a lot of pale moon ebony. Interested to see where this goes.

JMO831

Reaction score
Same here man! Should be interesting, since only the top was selected... Not sure how figured the fretboard will be, especially since it's a VF scale (25.4 - 27) and larger pieces of Pale Moon Ebony are hard to come by. But the build should be finished soon, and I should be receiving photos soon, so I'll make sure to post them here when I get them!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Wow, I can't quite imagine an all PME front being fully "my thing" without anything to break it up, but I shall follow this with great interest in any case. :yesway:

do they flatten a kitchen sink and laminate that in as well?
Seems like an excessive amount of laminations to me...

Do they specify an advantage for this construction such as superior stability or is it mostly for visual appeal?

Well, it looks like this:

CATIMG38ead6a1ee41eefd7115993ca5c8f288.jpg

...do you really need any more justification than that?

The amount of stability added with 11 laminations compared to a simple three- or five-piece neck is probably negligible, but it's not gonna be a detriment unless you think fewer pieces gives "the wood more room to move/breathe/whatever".

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea, personally I'm suspicious about the tonal implications of having that many laminations in the neck. I won't know for sure, or at least have any substantiating evidence, until I order another Mayones, but when I do I'm definitely going towards fewer laminations - 5 piece probably. So no evidence that it's better - but I'd recommend it! :)

KR250

Build addict
Reaction score
:O Can't wait to see the finished pictures. Right up my alley with the specs.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Narad: I am not sure I've ever seen a Regius with anything else than an 11-piece neck. I'm sure it'd have tarnished their reputation if it really made the guitars sound awful.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Its mostly because it looks good and adds their own unique touch when compared to regular 3 or 5 piece guitars.

JMO831

Reaction score
Here she is! I no longer have her reserved at this point in time, as the dealer decided he may want to keep her. But if he doesn't, I'll go ahead and pick her up and do a NGD!

pott

Reaction score
Wait what? You ordered and the dealer decided to keep it? Or was that on the table the whole time?
This seems incredibly fishy, you may want to clarify if indeed it's nothing weird on the dealer side...

JMO831

Reaction score
Nothing fishy going on. The dealer is great. I had a few other deals with him, and we reached another agreement, so that he could keep this one. Just wanted to share the photo for those who were following this thread.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
ordered a 7 string Hydra from the same dealer. Hope you get this one man!

Latest posts

')