Mayones Regius NGD! RSi6 QM

• Thread starter Jake
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
So after 13 long months it's finally here.

Pics first:
Link to pics if they don't show: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hUv4vuJPm24Ni6r38

AM-JKLWRIrXMu6ui4mvQYjU3IwPmsGF8DTyYkwte4H8CBuw08dfSq9YBj6wS_Wgk5s_K6KR9DndHJyMoJX2-vA5qO4_3eLyMc0pf00H2CH15MUv3zKVwFbc2nLiq9XQS1hj6vbUuxDOhraMjBWjYp4I7wY4v=w480-h640-no

AM-JKLXJur6mYBfbLd_PVY_V917U1Dqd_KXWxG0tLp4CNtAwYC1mWZ835ZKtu3v8RlrLswFMpWOSO2f88UvTRZ5u8fpdwSLYHDhxIWjYM9r-6Zjajfr11teXwGLPh6LyLf5HGWfTryto4zWTGr-6sB7aXkhF=w480-h640-no

AM-JKLXHh5DtMywCQWQcr0DdmYpnIecp7B2PJal86jipeMzveZp0WwO-cZr7RIm5MQoD5s5QW3TPBzD-pGVYDDEDNK6gfvV8AOtGZFVpOaGLgxgwGWEyAu528jIWhxFTEmboCwGoQfEd1oCdC-eVgx7J_Vn1=w480-h640-no

AM-JKLWs2Nw5G3TW4y5x7tgNdSyQGNaI_t8Wvp3XrTsgl235sQWUD-H3-23oC7prmsItWRoRCDx0kTNOswmKH578htOgWeKFtTaSxuQc16jkOXj-yxbn0Mh97QZ5YOr_EQppxzdOvcgaDLMYBDTyYfhyk5ax=w480-h640-no

AM-JKLW3DazWxLlyYE-WAjdWTWKwUPEqUpsRXnbg9_S5sjt-WS_FWuWt5mWiZA8Mxgktab73n3XXhSVYnI5zFshiEbVB0L7ENwOHMBJzUWAmMvyC4txFtvNFNNFFN2KlyEm3vvuWGqJCinotANyW87dnfgFV=w480-h640-no

AM-JKLVrSolRH0UPZEgcgM-InvGQwvgDezhASOw1w8iHQAPbC8WsAJCmuvTg_3WI1LSGwvnlxJb5fdU1y2Zu6V2pcUN9aYbrnKiTG9xn-SQuQ2Tu8oBoXJAiUdwWpF0rDppPKEBA3McNKxENy7L8dWJGGAp9=w480-h640-no

So...I don't even know where to start with this. For anyone who isn't aware this is the newest Regius artist model for Ryan Siew from Polaris, one of my favorite bands at the moment and a guy I've been following since he was just a youngin' on Youtube cranking out covers of great metal songs.

I had been toying with the idea of a custom Regius for some time when Mayones announced this model early last year. So when I saw this it essentially checked every box that I wanted in a guitar. So I got an initial quote for one that was wayyyyy too high, then moved on to working with Alain Shaboon to get a quote and while it was still a pretty penny, I knew this is what I wanted to order. So I decided to opt for a 4A top instead of 5A to save a bit of cost but honestly I love the top on this one, so no complaints there from me.

Overall it's a no nonsense, metal machine. BKP Nailbomb and VHII, new sculpted hell on the Regius here which is really, really nice. T.E.W for the neck and wings and just overall an insanely amazing work of art. I really don't have a single complaint to air about this guitar. It's lighter than my other Regius by a large portion so my back agrees with it as well. Just 100% blown away by this thing and with that being said I'll wrap this up because what more can I say?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Warmart

Reaction score
That is incredible I know you are happy as hell today! Congrats!

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
That new heal looks interesting!

Think thats my fav wood combo for the body/neck as well. Especially as its TEW, my Qatsi is TEW and you can tell the difference between that an my normal Regius

HNGD

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I covet this one so hard even though it's basically identical to mine except for the finish and roasted maple. I've had the 7 string version on my reverb watchlist probably since it came out.

Musiscience

Reaction score
I was wondering if somebody over here had ordered one. These are just insane guitars, probably the best specced Regius, and yours is a prime example.

Happy NGD!

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I was wondering if somebody over here had ordered one. These are just insane guitars, probably the best specced Regius, and yours is a prime example.

Happy NGD!
This was definitely one of the worst financial decisions I've ever made but you know what I'm not even mad about it :lol:

Thank you so much everyone! I haven't had a ton of time to actually sit and play it so far with buying a house but from what I've gotten it's absolutely amazing. The new neck hell is super comfy. This one also weighs soooo much less than my other Regius, it's crazy.

Appreciate all the love, it's truly a special instrument.

seekfreed

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That new heal looks interesting!

Think thats my fav wood combo for the body/neck as well. Especially as its TEW, my Qatsi is TEW and you can tell the difference between that an my normal Regius

HNGD

Could you elaborate on the TEW topic? Your post got me intrigued. Is it the weight/resonance/feel?
How do the two guitars compare?

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on the TEW topic? Your post got me intrigued. Is it the weight/resonance/feel?
How do the two guitars compare?

Its hard to 100% nail down, because of the neck through/Bolt on differences, but the Duvell with T.E.W for me is slightly lighter and more resonant and has been more stable to environments than my Regius.

Warmart

Reaction score
Funny I was doing some research on this model today and see that I was in this thread, lmao.

I just bought one today, should have it mid next week, still loving yours I presume?

')