Mbox2 issues

• Thread starter TimMcKiernan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm having a bit of trouble with my mbox and pro-tools.

The story so far;
I recently got a new computer and installed my pro-tools software and drivers for my mbox2.
This failed for some reason and I couldn't use or uninstall protools and I couldn't use my mbox properly in other programs like reaper without my computer blue screening.
I eventually got rid of the driver software and protools (with the help of a computer mate).

So now im stuck with an mbox2 that wont work properly.
Does anyone know of any software I could download to get my mbox2 to work in Reaper or other programs?
When I plug it in to my computer it lights up but when I go to select devices nothing shows up.

Tim.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pchink

Reaction score
I've had some issues with my mbox2 as well, pro tools wouldn't start and/or uninstall and the drivers stopped working. I discovered it was due to a bug with Internet Explorer 8 (I'm not even kidding), I uninstalled IE8 and everything was fixed. Maybe it is what's causing your issues ?

Also, I'm not sure that the mbox will work with another DAW than pro tools, can't help you on that, sorry.

Reaction score
I've had some issues with my mbox2 as well, pro tools wouldn't start and/or uninstall and the drivers stopped working. I discovered it was due to a bug with Internet Explorer 8 (I'm not even kidding), I uninstalled IE8 and everything was fixed. Maybe it is what's causing your issues ?

Also, I'm not sure that the mbox will work with another DAW than pro tools, can't help you on that, sorry.

It does as I've used it with reaper previously on a few different computers.
I might give a crack uninstalling internet explorer 8 then haha

')