McCain vs. Obama

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

McCain vs. Obama

• American: Voting McCain

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • American: Voting Obama

Votes: 56 46.7%
  • Non-American: McCain

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Non-American: Obama

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • I'm not voting/I don't give a shit.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I'm wasting my vote on some third party.

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
:rofl: You can't be serious, surely :scratch: If so lighten up mate.

I don't think that people who do not agree with me are idiots, I know it, surely you realise that my logic, that my intelligence is superior, it is obvious for I spell my name with a 7 and a small s.

Maybe you should reread my post, you can tell I'm deadly serious about this when I took a shot at 6 string players, it is obvious they lack the necessary intelligence to vote as they play an inferior instrument and how can you question the seriousness and deep thought I put into that post for I certified it true with a :lol:

No man, I wasn't taking offense or anything, it was just a comment I remembered reading through, but I was actually kind of reading about Drews experience with the other site where all the far right wing folks are. I consider myself a very moderate conservative. So hopefully you didn't take offense. I enjoy reading your comments and know you are a good guy......

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Mainly because of his pastor. I don't believe his behavior on TV was not normal for him. A man that could be around that kind of stuff is not a person I would want to be around or have as president for that matter. I am white and my best friends are Japanese and Black, and yes he still calls himself black. I don't hate Obama or anything and I hope I am completely wrong if he makes it into office and I hope he does find a way to cleanly get us out of Iraq.

his pastor is a completely different person, i don't see how his pastor would make him a racist? he was born to a white mother, his family is mainly white, how could he be racist? a self hating half white man? my step dad was as racist as it came, and i'm proud to say i'm not a racist, so i don't see the correlation :scratch:

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get how people keep bringing up that Obama's pastor was a crazy racist. It's Obama's pastor, not Obama. It's easy to hang around people your whole life and not agree with them or become them.

I went to school in Kentucky pretty much my whole life and dealt with a ton of racist rednecks through the years, yet I don't drive a tractor to school or wear overalls and no shoes while beating my wife because she took too long making my sammich and beer.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
And, I understand that. As I said I hope I am mistaken if he makes it to office. To bring a crazy man that appears racist forward as your spiritual advisor makes you seem a bit crazy and racist yourself, is all I was saying. I don't know him personally or what's in his heart but I can't understand him taking any kind of spiritual guidance from someone like that if he didn't believe in what he was preaching.

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
i would like to mention that i accidentally said "American: Voting McCain" which is just retarded on my part. I def am NOT voting for him. But i guess subconciously, i like his name more. :shrug:

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just glad Hillary isn't getting elected. It isn't really her I object to, I'm just picturing Bill as first lady, walking around in a sundress and bonnet..ugh

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I consider myself a very moderate conservative. So hopefully you didn't take offense. I enjoy reading your comments and know you are a good guy......

It's all good :yesway: and thanks.

D

Desecrated

And, I understand that. As I said I hope I am mistaken if he makes it to office. To bring a crazy man that appears racist forward as your spiritual advisor makes you seem a bit crazy and racist yourself, is all I was saying. I don't know him personally or what's in his heart but I can't understand him taking any kind of spiritual guidance from someone like that if he didn't believe in what he was preaching.

You do know that obama has left that church now ?

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
i would vote for obama based upon the information of him we get over here. you know, the press over here says really nothing except "oh, he is black and most americans are redneck racists and will not vote for him, but they also won't vote for a woman so mccain will win". its really hard to form an own opinion on both of them over here, but overall i'd say obama is "the lesser of two evils".

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Obama wants to expand the government far too much for my tastes.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I pretty much got personally screwed by the clinton administration through cuts in specific benefits when I retired from the Air Force. Imaging working for a company for twenty hears and retiring and when you started you put into a retirement plan with a guarantee of $1500 a month and when you retired they changed the policy to $900 through cuts in medical and dental.

I also think NAFTA has hurt the USA more (financially) than anything any other president has done. (I mean actually done not just blamed for). A lot of businesses have left the USA for cheaper facilities and labor in Mexico. (Like Fender amps) That being said, I would vote for Obama if I didn't feel he was a racist, as it is I probably won't vote, just because I don't want to see Mc Cain in office either.... What a choice..

Clinton wasn't perfect, but I felt he did a lot more for this country than the Regan/Bush era did. He was the first president to really take balancing the budget seriously, he listened to Alan Greenspan closely, and as a result, beat back inflation and presided over one of the largest boom economies in the history of the nation. Having said that, I felt his foreign policy was pretty subpar, and he got us involved in a whole lot of police actions that we should have never been involved in.

If you look at it from the terms of maintaining a budget surplus that you use to pay off the debt, then your complaints aren't as serious as you might initially think. That $900/month under Clinton was actually greater than the $1500/month you were getting under Regan, because your money was actually worth more. Now, with inflation rising and the dollar in the toilet, those Clinton-era numbers are positively oppressive. I'm not going to say that Clinton made the right move lowering them, but Bush made an even bigger mistake by leaving them there.

I'm with you on NAFTA. I opposed it then, and I oppose it now. I find it painfully ironic when I see blue collar workers in Michigan and Ohio supporting Hillary Clinton, since it was her husband that caused them so much hardship. I don't think full effects of NAFTA were really felt until a few years after Bush was in office--since the falling dollar made it more attractive to ship jobs to Mexico--but it was legislation that should have never been passed in the first place. Considering that we did nothing to try and force Mexico's hand against it's oppressive economic policy, NAFTA simply lined the pockets of the wealthy, and the poor still cross illegally in droves. NAFTA should have come with mandatory minimum wages in Mexico for all companies who wanted to export goods to the United States, since that would have made off shoring for the sole purpose of cheap labor much less attractive.

He wasn't perfect, but a lot of these changes happened when gas was $1.15/gallon and the dollar was worth £0.80. With $3.98/gallon gas and a dollar worth £0.52, suddenly Republicans can argue that Clinton was an elitist, all the while hiding the fact that their reckless spending is what turned a paper cut into a stab wound.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Clinton wasn't perfect, but I felt he did a lot more for this country than the Regan/Bush era did. He was the first president to really take balancing the budget seriously, he listened to Alan Greenspan closely, and as a result, beat back inflation and presided over one of the largest boom economies in the history of the nation. Having said that, I felt his foreign policy was pretty subpar, and he got us involved in a whole lot of police actions that we should have never been involved in.

If you look at it from the terms of maintaining a budget surplus that you use to pay off the debt, then your complaints aren't as serious as you might initially think. That $900/month under Clinton was actually greater than the $1500/month you were getting under Regan, because your money was actually worth more. Now, with inflation rising and the dollar in the toilet, those Clinton-era numbers are positively oppressive. I'm not going to say that Clinton made the right move lowering them, but Bush made an even bigger mistake by leaving them there.

I'm with you on NAFTA. I opposed it then, and I oppose it now. I find it painfully ironic when I see blue collar workers in Michigan and Ohio supporting Hillary Clinton, since it was her husband that caused them so much hardship. I don't think full effects of NAFTA were really felt until a few years after Bush was in office--since the falling dollar made it more attractive to ship jobs to Mexico--but it was legislation that should have never been passed in the first place. Considering that we did nothing to try and force Mexico's hand against it's oppressive economic policy, NAFTA simply lined the pockets of the wealthy, and the poor still cross illegally in droves. NAFTA should have come with mandatory minimum wages in Mexico for all companies who wanted to export goods to the United States, since that would have made off shoring for the sole purpose of cheap labor much less attractive.

He wasn't perfect, but a lot of these changes happened when gas was $1.15/gallon and the dollar was worth £0.80. With $3.98/gallon gas and a dollar worth £0.52, suddenly Republicans can argue that Clinton was an elitist, all the while hiding the fact that their reckless spending is what turned a paper cut into a stab wound.

gas was 98 to 99 cents a gallon almost all the time before i joined the navy in 2000... then bush got elected, and i finally got my first vehicle, and it shot way up(at that time was considered "way up" anyways) to 1.80 a gallon...:noplease:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit: this is the first primary season since 1928 that an incumbent president or vice president has not run for their party's nomination, and the first election since 1952 that an incumbent president or vice president has not been in a candidate in the general election.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Poll of polls shows Obama-McCain race tight - CNN.com

This is what Clinton accomplished. Her negative campaigning, refusal to give in when it became clear she wouldn't win, and dividing of the party has brought it to this.

It is very early, and McCain's worst foe is McCain. If he keeps touting the Bush economic and foreign policy, he is going to get tromped. However, considering how badly the Republicans have fucked up, it shouldn't be anywhere near this close. Clinton is the only reason for this. :noway:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
The best thing that can happen is for Obama to accept McCain Town Hall meeting challenge. Obama should absolutely smoke his ass in an environment like that. McCain is many things but a great orator is not one of them.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I also think NAFTA has hurt the USA more (financially) than anything any other president has done. (I mean actually done not just blamed for). A lot of businesses have left the USA for cheaper facilities and labor in Mexico. (Like Fender amps) That being said, I would vote for Obama if I didn't feel he was a racist, as it is I probably won't vote, just because I don't want to see Mc Cain in office either.... What a choice..

Welcome to the Democratic party. :wavey: Most of us aren't so happy about Nafta either.

I don't buy the argument that Obama's a racist because his ex-pastor is a nutjob, especially when you consider he was largely raised by his white grandmother, but at least give it a few months to see how the general election campaign plays out.

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Dave,
Our views on pretty much all of that are the same. I do believe that Nafta helped to weaken the Dollar. And while the dollar and inflation have changed, I was in the Air Force the whole time Bill was President and the raises were very bad until Gore's campaign started and they wanted to buy a few votes from the military folks.

I'm sure a lot of that was due to some of the older commanders in the armed forces that had been in during Vietnam and had openly shown disrespect for the president. So having my benefits and pay drop by over 1/3rd was a slap in the face.

Having said all that, I will of course listen to what both candidates have to say and if I do vote, I will vote for who I think is best for the job. It doesn't matter much where I am since I think the California electoral votes pretty much always go to the democrat. That's not anything I've read, just something I heard somewhere...

ChrisPcritter

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the Democratic party. :wavey: Most of us aren't so happy about Nafta either.

I don't buy the argument that Obama's a racist because his ex-pastor is a nutjob, especially when you consider he was largely raised by his white grandmother, but at least give it a few months to see how the general election campaign plays out.

Yeah Drew,
I will be watching and hoping that Obama shows that he is a true humanitarian (like Jimmy Carter) but with the ability to get things done
and not let either political party bully him.

Latest posts

')