Meditation, who, and what.

• Thread starter Zehailiu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Man I am so fucking bored.
Anyone else here meditate or know someone who does?

Just for fun, write down how you meditate and what you've experienced.
Preferably while not on drugs or under any outside influences.

Process: I sit with my legs folded, index and thumb fingers locked, hand facing up; inhale deep into the diaphram, imagining the energy from the endless vacuum entering through every pore on my body, and exhale, imagining negative energies and wastes leaving the body, reciting a 10 word sutra while doing this.

Results: I just started it myself, and it's helping my hulk-smash-anger problems. I've also been sleeping less and less lately while still feeling more refreshed so that's pretty cool. More time to shred, and waste time on here, lmao.
I've talked to people who claim they can enter and leave their body while meditating, my dad says he's seen what he guesses is the big bang while meditating, ie. galaxies and stars forming.

I've yet to see anything substantial, I've just had moments where I almost can't sense my body whatsoever, but the kind of calmness required for that is hard for me to achieve. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G0DLESSENDEAVOR

Reaction score
I have meditated to relieve myself from any mental stress during school. It has helped alot but you have to stay persistent to actually get these out of body experiences. The best experience for me was a kundaluni experience. I felt tremendous energy go up and down the spine, and then it went into the brain and I received this feeling of "blowing up." This blowing up was more of an expanding experience. I was totally at peace with no desires or fears. Now I find it hard because I haven't stayed persistent with it. It's a lifetime of work I will say, and it is worth it!

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Wow, interesting! I'll try to be persistent, I've only been at it for a month maybe. How long have you been doing it?

While I'm sure you know this, I just want to point out for anyone who might be reading, the point of meditation is not to experience these "wicked awesome" trip out moments, but to be at peace with yourself and the universe, so that you may see the truth from within(whatever that means :p).

One thing I noticed is that if during inhalation I can't focus the air or imaginary energy into my lower abdomen like I'm supposed to, then I get (sometimes intense) headaches, but it goes away if I regain focus. Did you ever get that?

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
When you start out it is hard to stay focused and clear your mind.
I find that if I close my eyes and focus on breathing through my diaphragm everything slows down and starts to focus.
though it works differently for other people.
and it is a must to find a place that has ZERO distractions

I think the experiences you have while meditating should remain private.
It's your place that no one knows about and I can keep tranquil.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I use the same meditation techniques that you mentioned, silentrage, with the addition of visualizing white light coming into my system both through my nostrils and the top of my head (crown chakra), and spreading throughout and around my body.

I haven't been into it much in the last two years, but there was a period of time where I was practicing Astral Projection. While staying conscious, I've actually sat up out of my body and touched the wall next to me, which I actually experienced as feeling cold and solid. I consciously forced myself to wake up and found myself laying on my back with my arms under a blanket at my sides. I felt the wall and experienced the same sensation. That was the most controlled experience I've had with it. Outside of that, I've had countless experiences of very lucid dreaming and astral traveling, but haven't been able to actually induce these states consciously.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I personally don't meditate very often, but when I do I sit as you do and basically box myself in. I've had people come up and (on video, cause I didn't believe it) slap me before and really not noticed when I get into it. I'm just sitting there thinking about shit though :lol: my meditation isn't very deep, it's more just relax time.

A close personal friend of mine is Wiccan though, now he could tell you some very interesting stories about his meditation. I don't know a whole lot about Wiccan though so I wouldn't be comfortable even explaining what he told me :lol:. Lots about out of body experiences/entering separate spirit realms. I'm just now starting to even research it (I'm not religious but I really like learning about alternate religions lol... I think subconsciously I'm trying to find something for me but I don't know, I find them interesting never the less :shrug: ) and it seems like something I could believe... I mean, I believe in string theory (or at least that everything is linked in one way or another), and I also think the mind is a powerful thing (come on, we use 15% of our minds on average. Imagine if someone used 25% or even 50%.), so if everything's connected then by achieving greater control of the mind I do believe one could control the things around him/her. About the alternate realms and such... I think reality is something like a glass box. You look at it one way, and you see one side. You turn the box and shift your view... You see so many more sides of it.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Anyone have anything else to contribute? After reading this thread I've started practicing astral projection about 30 minutes a day with the aid of tapes. Although I haven't had any astral experience yet, I can already feel the change meditation has made in my life. It's so much easier to focus my thoughts onto one thing now - something I had a lot of trouble with before.

Arminius

Reaction score
i love your sig dusty, Nietzsche was the bomb

The coolest thing that happened to me while doing something like meditation was when i was doing breathing exercises one day. I would inhale, wait five seconds, exhale, wait five seconds, and so on. About 15 minutes or so into it my nose started to tingle,and it spread to the rest of my head after about 10 more minutes. I was probably just suffocating or something :lol:, but it felt cool.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
i love your sig dusty, Nietzsche was the bomb

The coolest thing that happened to me while doing something like meditation was when i was doing breathing exercises one day. I would inhale, wait five seconds, exhale, wait five seconds, and so on. About 15 minutes or so into it my nose started to tingle,and it spread to the rest of my head after about 10 more minutes. I was probably just suffocating or something :lol:, but it felt cool.

That's weird, I can do 20-30 second inhales and exhales without feeling suffocation, but I do it very very slowly though, so maybe you're doing it differently.

')