Megadeth parts ways with Ellefson

• Thread starter straymond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dwellingers

Reaction score
Actually Newsted reposted the statement from Megadeth in his Instragram-feed! Fingers crossed - maybe just as a sub for a tour would be awesome!

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually Newsted reposted the statement from Megadeth in his Instragram-feed! Fingers crossed - maybe just as a sub for a tour would be awesome!

He posted it directly after re-posting the article saying he doesn't have the physicality to play a Metallica set anymore, I presume it was his way of saying 'thanks for thinking of me, but no'. Shame as I think it would have been awesome, but he always gave it 100% and I can understand not wanting to half-arse it.

Dwellingers

Reaction score
He posted it directly after re-posting the article saying he doesn't have the physicality to play a Metallica set anymore, I presume it was his way of saying 'thanks for thinking of me, but no'. Shame as I think it would have been awesome, but he always gave it 100% and I can understand not wanting to half-arse it.

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Mega "Holier-than-thou" Dave...."Woke sells but who's buying"
How exactly is this "Woke"? Suppose this also proves Mustaine is part of the metropolitan liberal elite too, right?
If Dave was really being "Woke" then he would be sticking by Jnr over the injustice of this private matter becoming public knowleadge, not bowing to public/social media pressure and binning him for business and financial reasons to preserve his and his bands PR......

Omzig

Reaction score
How exactly is this "Woke"? Suppose this also proves Mustaine is part of the metropolitan liberal elite too, right?
If Dave was really being "Woke" then he would be sticking by Jnr over the injustice of this private matter becoming public knowleadge, not bowing to public/social media pressure and binning him for business and financial reasons to preserve his and his bands PR......

Seems like he's hangging out Effefson before the CC/left/MSM get hold of this and make even more of a "twatter storm" out of it, Sorry i see it the other way around, for me being WOKE is him NOT sticking by Effefson but bowing to the public/social media pressure & kicking the guy to the curb and letting the mod rule....strange that being a "rock star" and getting your dick out has become bad PR & like anyone who buys megadeth records really would give shit...crazy world lol

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I think Newsted has said he can't play Metallica anymore, something about his hands. Not sure he could play Megadeth either.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Seems like he's hangging out Effefson before the CC/left/MSM get hold of this and make even more of a "twatter storm" out of it, Sorry i see it the other way around, for me being WOKE is him NOT sticking by Effefson but bowing to the public/social media pressure & kicking the guy to the curb and letting the mod rule....strange that being a "rock star" and getting your dick out has become bad PR & like anyone who buys megadeth records really would give shit...crazy world lol
Oh my goodness, please be quiet and for the love of humanity stop saying buzzwords.

If anyone was going to cancel Dave Mustaine they would have done it when he told African women to "put a plug in it". Nobody cares about Dave Mustaine.

sleewell

Reaction score
We're not in the thread regurgitating the TMZ bullshit, we're in the thread talking about the fact he was fired from the band.

Lots of people care about that and to think otherwise is just elitist posturing.

interesting take. sorry i didnt respond sooner... I had to skim past a lot of tmz type gossip posts to get through to your post.

so to recap:

me: i dont care give a fuck about a grown ass man jerking off, they should find a vocalist.

you: your opinion is dumb and shouldn't be in this thread bc they sell a lot of concert tickets and you are an elitist.

maybe i need to brush up on my definition of terms here because it certainly seems like i am just voicing an opinion and you are coming off as holier than thou saying i shouldn't simply because it doesn't align with your feelings.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

lol at the thought of people buying megadeth records

Louis Cypher

Reaction score

As @StevenC said, if you're gonna try to use words like "Woke" and "Cancel Culture" to decry the "Left and mainstream media" being the reason behind Mustaine sacking Jnr, atleast have an understanding of what those words really mean, rather than what fcukwit culture war pushing politicians and billionaire owned tabloids want you to think they mean in order to demonise anyone or anything that disagrees with them. Mustaine is & always will be the complete opposite of someone who is woke

Last edited:

VGK17

Reaction score
No, firing someone over (alleged) social media pressure is exactly "woke".

Reaction score
This guy would make a worthy replacement.

This guy is awesome, but his style is always the same. It would be an interesting mix with MegaDave, like an explosive one, but on the other hand, there would already be a language connection with Kiko so... it could work, but I'd LOL hard... question would be who'd be leading, him or Mustain? hahaha...

Chanson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Were people online actually asking for Ellefson to be kicked out? Seems like Mustaine could have used the situation as an opportunity to part ways with him due to other reasons, as implied by their statement. Or maybe they know something we don't, and are doing damage control before it comes out? Wonder what will happen to all of Ellefsons endorsements and signature models? Surely without being in Megadeth, he loses a bit of endorsement power? It's not like he is a legit solo artist or has legendary status.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
No, firing someone over (alleged) social media pressure is exactly "woke".
Its really not
And nowhere in the statement does it mention as @Chanson has said is social media baying for this, a few people on this thread have floated it as being possible to stop the bad publicity before it does surface as a damage control measure to protect Mustaine and the brand. Only facts anyone knows is the headline "Man gets fired from his job for a leaked video of him w*nking in private". Megadeth Ltd/plc/whatever is a private business and as such Mustaine can fire and hire who he wants for whatever reasons he wants, being "Woke" has chuff all to do with it.

Those calling this Woke or Cancel culture btw, if this was your job or company and your livelyhood and someone else's actions went public or viral and that could mean a possible loss of earnings due such things as sponsorship loss, loss of Ad revenue, PR damage to your brand and your company and the possibility of a social media backlash causing your company to be boycotted maybe....... pretty sure you would bin that person as well to protect your livelyhood and deny anyone who called you "Woke" for doing so. Thats why this is the perfect excuse to make the business call he has wanted to from the statement, for sometime and nothing else.

On another note tho, if this was a regular job and Jnr was fired for doing something posted online without his or the other parties consent, and nothing illegal had occured, surely Jnr would have a right to take that to a tribunal for wrongful dismissal? What he does in his private life is no one elses business, least of all Mustaines (again as long as its was all legal and no law was broken)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
')