Megadeth parts ways with Ellefson

• Thread starter straymond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Nothing surprising here. Mustaine is purging any bad press that might tarnish the "brand" that is Megadeth and, as we've seen in the past, has no problem replacing a bandmember.

When Countdown hits 35 years, he'll bring Jr back in for a reunion tour after everyone's forgotten about this embarrassment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
He's not legendary now? Lolwut?

He is in a legendary band, but how many people started playing bass because they wanted to be Jr when they grew up? There might be two or three spots over his 30 year career where I even noticed him in the mix. Maybe I just don't pay attention to bass players unless they are Lemmy or Steve Harris. ;)

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Man this is scary too see. Obviously we don't know what happened or the full details but if you look up Megadeth on Google there's many news sites, saying that he's accused of being a pedophile, one states that the band kicked him out for harrassing a minor like it's a fact. But the girl did post a message saying it was all consentual and that she was of age? Do the news sites know more? Or they're just throwing shit like that without knowing? Is there even a legal lawsuit going on? Those are some very serious accusations..

spudmunkey

Reaction score
He is in a legendary band, but how many people started playing bass because they wanted to be Jr when they grew up? There might be two or three spots over his 30 year career where I even noticed him in the mix. Maybe I just don't pay attention to bass players unless they are Lemmy or Steve Harris. ;)

He was one of the few bassists I could name for years, once I found out the theme from MTV News was his bassline.

An amusing interview from 29 years ago with Dave and David:

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
At the end of the day, Dave’s a redhead. Make of that what you will…

Reaction score

You're missing Primus' Les Claypool... their early 90's albums are pretty nice (Frizzle Fry & Sailing the Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda is OK'ish...)

Same. I'm still trying to figure out what "woke" means...

+1... can someone please translate or is it some sort of teens slang?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I always thought "woke" was just the word people use to either claim they have a more broad worldview than other people, but often used sarcastically to point out that a person only thinks they have a broad worldview but actually doesn't understand anything. Most often used to mock people on the more progressive side of things.

Or to put it another way, it's the opposite of "sheeple". If you say "wake up, sheeple", "woke" is what you are once you have woken from being sheeple..... I guess? Although the kinds of people who say wake up sheeple are also the people likely to call you "woke" sarcastically, so.....

It means whatever the person saying it thinks it means, making it mean anything and nothing at the same time, like most words in modern parlance.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Man this is scary too see. Obviously we don't know what happened or the full details but if you look up Megadeth on Google there's many news sites, saying that he's accused of being a pedophile, one states that the band kicked him out for harrassing a minor like it's a fact. But the girl did post a message saying it was all consentual and that she was of age? Do the news sites know more? Or they're just throwing shit like that without knowing? Is there even a legal lawsuit going on? Those are some very serious accusations..
You're using the term "news sites" very loosely. Most of these sites don't employ journalists and are more or less blogs and opinion pieces that are fueled by gossip.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
It means whatever the person saying it thinks it means, making it mean anything and nothing at the same time, like most words in modern parlance.
Your right, now it just means whatever you want it to mean because it has been so diluted the meaning is lost and the word is now been made toxic by mostly right wing press and politician's to shout down anyone who disagree with them. Originally it was a positive term, particularly when it came to BAME rights or injustices. But now its just a universal term of negativity and at worse hate for the things it used to represent. Basically tho the term has sweet fa to do with this thread haha. Tho I'm happy to read exactly what it is Mustaine could have done about this that meant some here didn't think he was being "woke"?

Chanson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He's not legendary now? Lolwut?

Great metal bassist? Yes. Legendary status, who's name alone can get him endorsement deals and retain his several signature bassses without the Megadeth name attached? Maybe not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he didnt even get his iconic signature Jacksons until he rejoined Megadeth more recently.

Just curious what will happen with Jackson since the dude literally has like 4 or 5 signature models with them now.

oldbulllee

Reaction score
in my 14s or 15s, megadeth was the band, i just came out of the metallica, and guns n roses phase, learned a bit of guitar by ten, i could play most if not all their songs i liked. then i got introduced to megadeth and a bit of testament. ( keeping in mind, this is eastern europe ) in the early 1990, whatever was new in the "free world" took quite a bit of time to trickle down to the balkans. " rust in peace" and then " countdown to extinction" in a short period of time, maybe even simultaneously . and briefly after " soulds of black" WoW. just fucking, mind boggling. now, THAT was how one is supposed to play and write riffs and arrangements. if one could.
seeing all the shit post euthanasia and even risk, and now these "shittiest/ reality show possible/ quasi business/ PR concern/ and Courts, lots of Courts and Lawyers" situations that have become the norm. as it all about the holy BRAND. as if there was such a thing. making a living off music that, ( i couldn't really give less a fuck about copyright situation and law in general) i feel, doesn't belong to megadave anymore, not in the way and totality he thinks it does.
firing the guy that was the only one allways there, all ways putting with his obnoxious bullshit, and general deterioration in his playing and singing capabilities.
still a soft spot for more than a few megadeth tunes ( prior to whatever came after risk). but fuck you Dave, and fuck the drama, the BRAND ( by accident a musical one, it could have been a brand of local affordable 40% votka, that would be less depressing)
i forgot what i was on, with the first paragraph or so, apologies. rant over.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
in my 14s or 15s, megadeth was the band, i just came out of the metallica, and guns n roses phase, learned a bit of guitar by ten, i could play most if not all their songs i liked. then i got introduced to megadeth and a bit of testament. ( keeping in mind, this is eastern europe ) in the early 1990, whatever was new in the "free world" took quite a bit of time to trickle down to the balkans. " rust in peace" and then " countdown to extinction" in a short period of time, maybe even simultaneously . and briefly after " soulds of black" WoW. just fucking, mind boggling. now, THAT was how one is supposed to play and write riffs and arrangements. if one could.
seeing all the shit post euthanasia and even risk, and now these "shittiest/ reality show possible/ quasi business/ PR concern/ and Courts, lots of Courts and Lawyers" situations that have become the norm. as it all about the holy BRAND. as if there was such a thing. making a living off music that, ( i couldn't really give less a fuck about copyright situation and law in general) i feel, doesn't belong to megadave anymore, not in the way and totality he thinks it does.
firing the guy that was the only one allways there, all ways putting with his obnoxious bullshit, and general deterioration in his playing and singing capabilities.
still a soft spot for more than a few megadeth tunes ( prior to whatever came after risk). but fuck you Dave, and fuck the drama, the BRAND ( by accident a musical one, it could have been a brand of local affordable 40% votka, that would be less depressing)
i forgot what i was on, with the first paragraph or so, apologies. rant over.

confused_lion_king.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
')