Melakartha - 'Infidel' (Nu-metalesque djent, Melodic soloing)

• Thread starter Radius_Vector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
That was a tongue twister
confused.gif

Let's get to bizness
biggrin.gif

SoundClick artist: Melakartha - Melakartha is the sideproject of Multi-Instrumentalist Sridharan Ravichandran

Song's called Infidel. I'm quite satisfied with the mix. Feedback will be awesome
smile.gif

Schecter C7 Blackjack --> Blackstar HT-5 , no pedals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
DUN-DUH-DUH-DA! That was sick! This makes me want to pick up my cat, Wizard, and punt him into my TV that is currently watching Family Feud (by the way the question is, Things associated with Italy).

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Really diggin' the riffage goin' on here dude, quite a solid track. I think the kick might need to be a little louder or beefier, can't quite put my finger on it.

Zami77

Recording Bro
Reaction score
I like your guitar tone. THe drums are good, but the cymbals are a bit too loud. THe kick doesnt really need to be rasised, it just needs more meat to it. I like the proggy ness of this track. THe solo was pretty good but i really liked the part where you had like those chords playing at like 150. really sick.

IconW

Reaction score
I loved that! You certainly got great tone out from that Blackstar. It's full and crispy. Good overall production and mixing. And song was pretty good too! Do some more mellow and darker stuff next! I really want to hear what blackstar could do with things more close to (modern-ish) "death" metal...or just some twisted shit....whatever someone calls it. :D
Heavy mid-tempo mean-stuff. Haha.
But great thing you have going on here!

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
DUN-DUH-DUH-DA! That was sick! This makes me want to pick up my cat, Wizard, and punt him into my TV that is currently watching Family Feud (by the way the question is, Things associated with Italy).

Hilarious! Pics plz :p

Thanks Triple7, Zami, IconW and addictus!

Yeah, two things I've learnt - kick can be a bit fatter, and cymbals should be lower. Ah well, that elusive 'perfect' mix !

@IconW - There's some pretty crazy stuff on the soundclick, have a look to see if any of the songs fall under your category of craziness :D

virstulte

Reaction score
super tight playing, and love that tone!

No real crit as the mix sounds fantastic. What exactly do you use for drums? I'm curious, they sound pretty decent. How much tweaking did you do to the drums to get them mix ready?

Espaul

Reaction score
I like the riff starting at 1:44 if you don't get a pop-metal clean vocal over there it will be awsome :)

')