Melakartha - Time Machine (Sci-fi Brutality)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gameboypdc

Reaction score
Nice tracks ,but I have to say your "Talk to Me" track was my personal favorite. The kick/settings you used on that track were just SICK!!! What did you do if you don't mind me asking?

Reaction score
Guitars have a really weird sound to them, like I'm hearing it through a telephone. They sound kinda dull too, not enough highs maybe.

Drums are a little soft.
Kick could be clickier.

I must say, interesting songwriting. Not bad, dude.

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Nice tracks ,but I have to say your "Talk to Me" track was my personal favorite. The kick/settings you used on that track were just SICK!!! What did you do if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers man. I don't quite remember the compression settings on the kick on that song, but the kit was Metal foundry. I added the Waves Rbass on the kick for extra low end.

Guitars have a really weird sound to them, like I'm hearing it through a telephone. They sound kinda dull too, not enough highs maybe.

Drums are a little soft.
Kick could be clickier.

I must say, interesting songwriting. Not bad, dude.

Thanks for the feedback mate :)

The guitars were kept more midrangey as I thought it 'vibed' better with the song but it's possible I went overboard in warming it up. Drums are soft? It's the first time I'm hearing that :D

I'm curious to know what setup you heard it on? Cheers!

Reaction score
Not really soft la, just that it can be a bit more dominant. I'm being anal, so excuse me haha.

I'm using Altec Lansing ADA305 speakers. Maybe that's why...

firejack018

Reaction score
Heya mate.
Can't listen right now coz Soundclick is blocked here at work.
I'll check it out when I get home. :yesway:

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Your songs are great! To me this tune has a funny feeling. You know, the whole time travelling thing. The title makes a lot of sense with the progression, and there's a few passing elements - like the one at 1:30 > 2:00 - that gives a sense of clock ticking. Overall great writing and production!

I kinda have to agree with FourFour, that the rhythm seem to be low-passed much. Not entirely telephone-ish, but the attack from the highs are just not there. I understand you cut out some highs for a more mellow tone, but it seems to be cut a lot. The drums sound just fine through my DT770s.

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
^^ Thanks mate :) I loev the interpretation, and appreciate the feedback.

I noticed that I overdid the going for the 'vintage' sound with the guitars. I think boosting somewhere between 8-10k would have really solved the problem :)

Ruins

Reaction score
i think it sounds good actually really like the bass its distorted just how i like it!
very interesting atmosphere to the song too
:yesway:
edit:
just transferred this on to my mp3player :metal:

firejack018

Reaction score
Cool song mate.
Nice atmosphere in that interlude in the middle and some excellent jagged riffage near the end. :cool:

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Synths were the trickiest part, but they certainly did the song a world of good.

On hindsight, I wish I had EQ'd the guitars better - I overdid the vintage thing :S

')