Melodic Hardcore

• Thread starter tylerX777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tylerX777

Dr. Doom
Reaction score
Anyone into this type of stuff? Been super into The Ghost Inside as of late. Favorite song so far would have to be:

Other noteworthy bands would be Verse, For the Fallen Dreams, and Sinking Ships. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

numberonejrio

Reaction score
Counterparts is my favorite melodic hardcore band. Just listen, and then listen again, and again, and again.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
When I read the thread title I instantly thought of the Ghost Inside, and there you go :lol:

codync

Reaction score
Listen to real melodic hardcore, not this metalcore bullshit that parades itself as hardcore.

Mexi

Reaction score
not quite sure what exactly defines this genre, but in seeing It Prevails' name here, I'd just throw out early Hopesfall as being quite good at the time. The Satellite Years was a fantastic album, and most of their work prior to it was quite well done as well. they're obviously not as metal-influenced as For the Fallen Dreams but as far as melodic music/post-hardcore goes, they were great.

brootalboo

My boo
Reaction score
Listen to real melodic hardcore, not this metalcore bullshit that parades itself as hardcore.

What is real melodic hardcore? I feel like a lot of metalcore bands could easily fall under this genre ALA Bless the Fall, August burns Red, motionless in white, miss may I, etc.

Is it just melodic leads with breakdowns? :nuts:

Not an inflammatory post, just curious.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score

Edit: lol totally had the wrong link in my clipboard.

These guys played at a house party my buddy threw that my band also played. They were fucking excellent.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You can come back and spout your wisdom again in a week, after which you will be banned again if you continue trolling threads. K?

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Any time I think of melodic hardcore, I think of this.

Anything on that album is a perfect example. It's my all time favorite record.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
I love this stuff.

Along with local Aussie bands:

The Amity Affliction, Asleep in the light, Greenstreet, Revelations and Your days are numbered.

Also...my band...What She Deserves...:cool: :lol:

codync

Reaction score
What is real melodic hardcore? I feel like a lot of metalcore bands could easily fall under this genre ALA Bless the Fall, August burns Red, motionless in white, miss may I, etc.

Is it just melodic leads with breakdowns? :nuts:

Not an inflammatory post, just curious.

Melodic leads with breakdowns is most likely melodic metalcore, like The Ghost Inside, For the Fallen Dreams, etc. This is not melodic hardcore.

Melodic hardcore would be considered bands like Killing the Dream, Verse, The Carrier, Defeater, Life in Your Way, Strongarm, etc.

')