Melodic, Progressive Metal - This Is Our Winter [More mix testing!]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Distortionist

Reaction score
This track was made to be sort of an opener for a concept album I plan on writing. The first 1:44 was to be the Intro Track and Track 2 would be what follows from there on.

Just in case anyone thinks the beginning drags a bit, it's on purpose!

Kaos-G

Reaction score
I really like the track. You pit together some really nice riffs and leads. the mix sounds very solid too. Maybe it's because I was listening to it through my laptop speakers, but I didn't hear so much bass in there.
Anyway, great job! I can't wait to hear more :hbang:

The Distortionist

Reaction score
I really like the track. You pit together some really nice riffs and leads. the mix sounds very solid too. Maybe it's because I was listening to it through my laptop speakers, but I didn't hear so much bass in there.
Anyway, great job! I can't wait to hear more :hbang:

Thanks!

And trust me, the bass is there. Try listening on a pair of headphones with better bass response and you'll hear it :)

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
i like it, however the kick is overpowering everything, turn it down a bit and you'll have a nice track :cool:

The Distortionist

Reaction score
i like it, however the kick is overpowering everything, turn it down a bit and you'll have a nice track :cool:

I agree. I think I may compress it so when there's a lot of fast double kicks, the low frequencies aren't given a chance to build up and consume the mix. Because I like the way it sounds when it hits here and there.