Mephistopheles - Sounds of the End

• Thread starter Eptaceros
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Premiere Of The Full New Mephistopheles Album - in Metal News ( Metal Underground.com )

"Featuring former members of Spawn of Possession and Psycroptic, the Tasmanian outfit Mephistopheles is gearing up to release new album "Sounds of the End," which is due out in North America on October 1st, 2013 via Willowtip Records."

Dudes. You need to get on this immediately! This album has been blowing me away with every listen. It's got groove, it's got death metal, it's got melody, funky riffs and chords, and crazy vocals. Really refreshing!

:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apatheosis

Reaction score
Seconding this, this is Chalky (ex-Psycroptic)'s new band and they are phenomenal.

Seeing them for the album launch next week

Can't recommend this album enough

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Seconding this, this is Chalky (ex-Psycroptic)'s new band and they are phenomenal.

Seeing them for the album launch next week

Can't recommend this album enough

It's really good, and feels like a next level Psycroptic. The band hasn't been the same since Chalky left, and this scratches that itch.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
BUMP

All this talk on the first page about Lucas Mann and how tech-metal is dead...but it's still alive and thriving! Proof in my first post :)

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
BUMP

All this talk on the first page about Lucas Mann and how tech-metal is dead...but it's still alive and thriving! Proof in my first post :)

Almost all calls of "X genre is dead" are from people who are no longer invested in the genre enough to check out new awesome bands in it. When you dig, there's always awesome stuff to find.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
What they're playing is awesome but that tone is different to say the least

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
I was pretty "meh" about the tone the first few times listening through. But now, I love it more and more. So many guitarists are constantly looking for that all-around killer tone, without any regard for contextualizing that tone and putting it to full use. I think the guitar tone here serves well for both the metal sections and the chordy, happy melodic sections. Sounds really tight when a brutal section pops in, and sounds extremely clear and colorful during the melodic sections.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
I was pretty "meh" about the tone the first few times listening through. But now, I love it more and more. So many guitarists are constantly looking for that all-around killer tone, without any regard for contextualizing that tone and putting it to full use. I think the guitar tone here serves well for both the metal sections and the chordy, happy melodic sections. Sounds really tight when a brutal section pops in, and sounds extremely clear and colorful during the melodic sections.

The idiot in me wishes it had smoother treble and was more compressed but I totally get what you're saying

Huntor

Demon Slayer: P.T.F
Reaction score
The album is awesome. I seen them at the sydney show and it was damn legit.
When they played the battle of the sea and sky I remember thinking this is ....ing amazing, even though I had never heard the song before.

2nd for scratching that chalky itch haha!

Agree with TS don't skip this one, get on it.

')