Mercuriall is at it again - TRIAXIS

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Mercuriall Audio announces new plugin “ReAxis”.

ReAxis is a VST/AU/AAX plugin that models MESA/Boogie® Triaxis™ (rev. TX5A) preamp, two power amps, four guitar cabinets and three microphones, a Wah-Wah based on Dunlop® 535Q, several overdrive pedals and a set of the most common spatial effects.

The sound of ReAxis is based on preamps of popular MESA/Boogie® amps, such as Mark I™, Mark IIC+™ and Mark IV™.

One of the most interesting features of ReAxis: it is compatible with Triaxis™ presets! Which means you can load Triaxis™ presets directly into ReAxis and even export them back.

ReAxis includes further achievements in the field of real-time electric circuits modeling. A lot of algorithms have been reworked and improved. With the help of a tube curve tracer each preamp tube got its “personal” mathematical model.

The user interface of ReAxis continues our approach of simple usability at no expense to a wide functionality.

ReAxis is planned to be released in Q4 2017.

Price:

$89.99 Software will be available for download at our website http://www.mercuriall.com

Product Details

Supported platforms and formats:

● Mac: VST Universal, AU Universal, AAX x64

● PC: VST x32, VST x64, AAX x64

Preamp section:

● Based on MESA/Boogie® Triaxis™ (revision TX5A)

● Tubes: 12AX7EH

Amp section:

● Push-pull, class AB tube power amp based on classic schematics

● Single-ended, class A tube power amp based on classic schematics

● Tubes: 6L6GC, EL34

Cab section:

● Cab based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® G12T-75

● Cab based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® V30s

● Cab based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 Greenback

● Cab based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 JBL® K120 (vintage)

● Microphones: Shure® SM57, Sennheiser® MD441, Royer® R121

Pedals and FX section:

● Noise Gate

● Wah-Wah based on Dunlop® CryBaby® 535Q

● Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808

● Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808 Lower Drive Mod

● Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-7 Hot

● Overdrive based MESA/BOOGIE® Grid Slammer

● Overdrive based on Boss® Super Overdrive

● Stereo Chorus

● Stereo Delay

● Stereo Reverb

Additional settings:

● Oversampling: no, x2, x4, x8

● Samplerate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96

● Stereo/Mono processing

Bolded part is SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

Man I love these guys. Their plugins are just really good to my ears and even the cabs slay hard.

billinder33

Reaction score
I find the messaging here to be conflicting... is it supposed to sound like a Mark or a TriAxis?

I used to own a TriAxis... ran it stereo with a Mesa Simul 2:90 power amp and a pair of Boogie cabs. Sound wise, in relation to the Mark series amps, I thought it fell way short. There was something missing sonically in the TriAxis that the Marks have in spades.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
I find the messaging here to be conflicting... is it supposed to sound like a Mark or a TriAxis?

I used to own a TriAxis... ran it stereo with a Mesa Simul 2:90 power amp and a pair of Boogie cabs. Sound wise, in relation to the Mark series amps, I thought it fell way short. There was something missing sonically in the TriAxis that the Marks have in spades.

Same here. It SAYS TriAxis, but the wording is weird. One of the guys is on here, hopefully he chimes in.

I’m just stoked to hear their take on Mesa, I love both their U530 and Spark, top 2 plugins for me for guitar sims.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Same here. It SAYS TriAxis, but the wording is weird. One of the guys is on here, hopefully he chimes in.

I’m just stoked to hear their take on Mesa, I love both their U530 and Spark, top 2 plugins for me for guitar sims.

Remember that the Triaxis was a preamp that basically did all Mark series sounds. It was basically a programmable Mark I, IIC+, III preamp, with a crappy Recto mode thrown in.

So, if it is modeling the Triaxis, then it is like a second-generation Mark series modeler, lol.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Remember that the Triaxis was a preamp that basically did all Mark series sounds. It was basically a programmable Mark I, IIC+, III preamp, with a crappy Recto mode thrown in.

So, if it is modeling the Triaxis, then it is like a second-generation Mark series modeler, lol.

I'll tell you what man, out of all the sims I've tried, these guys are the best to my ears, followed closely by the Amplitube Mesa stuff. Be interested to see how this stacks up against those Marks.

LOL@'crappy Recto mode'

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll tell you what man, out of all the sims I've tried, these guys are the best to my ears, followed closely by the Amplitube Mesa stuff. Be interested to see how this stacks up against those Marks.

LOL@'crappy Recto mode'

Yeah it depends on which model you had. I had a 2008 TriAxis for awhile, and Lead 1 Red was not recto in the least, more like a lower gain, raw sound. Earlier ones definitely had a recto sound there, but everyone I've known basically used the Lead 2 sounds a lot more than Lead 1, at least for hard rock.

Metropolis

Reaction score
They're planning to release this in this december 2017, seems very promising, since Mercuriall are one of the top software amp sims out there. Planning to get this and U530 to replace Overloud TH3 I have.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Can’t wait for this one, wish they’d hurry. The U kicks so much ass dude, you’re gonna love that one too.

Overloud is now sold and I got U530. Amazing clarity for hi-gain and a shit ton of presence. Cab and power amp modeling in Mercuriall's amp sims sounds pretty authentic and they feel really good. Not a lot of amp sims feel even near this responsive.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Overloud is now sold and I got U530. Amazing clarity for hi-gain and a shit ton of presence. Cab and power amp modeling in Mercuriall's amp sims sounds pretty authentic and they feel really good. Not a lot of amp sims feel even near this responsive.

Agreed, I'm a huge fan. Don't sleep on that Mix knob either, turn that about halfway up and it gets really really good. Congrats man!

Also just FYI, they do discounts for repeat customers, which means when ReAxis gets released you won't pay full price.

billinder33

Reaction score
Actually sounds a lot more like a Mark than the real Triaxis I owned back in the day... I may have to demo this.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Made a quick test with demo, shame these are so damn hard on cpu. Can't get decent latency with this system without hearing crackling noises, so it's new computer then :shrug: Sounds really good though.

billinder33

Reaction score
Made a quick test with demo, shame these are so damn hard on cpu. Can't get decent latency with this system without hearing crackling noises, so it's new computer then :shrug: Sounds really good though.

What are you running on?

I already have CPU dropout issues with Reaper + ToonTrack + layered guitar sims on my 2G i7 2-core Mac Air... been thinking about updating lately, but a new quad-core MacPro with a 2T dive is over $4k. Woof :(

Metropolis

Reaction score
What are you running on?

I already have CPU dropout issues with Reaper + ToonTrack + layered guitar sims on my 2G i7 2-core Mac Air... been thinking about updating lately, but a new quad-core MacPro with a 2T dive is over $4k. Woof :(

Lenovo laptop with quad-core AMD A8 processor, even 2.4ghz turbo mode isn't enough for 2.6ghz requirements which ReAxis and Spark have. More powerful desktop pc should do it, and I need a new computer anyway for things what I do.

billinder33

Reaction score
Geez, that's a pretty high spec requirement. The base quad core Mac Pro's only start out at 2.8ghz / $2400.

We're near the end of mass-production processor speeds, given current available technology and basic laws of physics. Heck the fastest processor ever made is only 3.5x faster than yours.... and that bad boy is cooled with liquid nitrogen. It's probably going to be all about jamming more cores (parallelism) onto the motherboard moving forward.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
What are you running on?

You need to commit your tracks. Feel confident in the sound. Print it. Frees up a ton of processing power.

tender_insanity

Reaction score
Downloaded all the demos from their site. Didn't care much for the Re_Axis so far but Spark sounded really good. Perhaps I buy it later. Gotta noodle around these demos first.

Yeah, plugins are getting to quite a CPU eaters. A few months ago I upgraded to 7700K so it'll be fine for a while. There was no problems with my old 2500k@4,5ghz, however =)

Latest posts