Mercuriall is at it again - TRIAXIS

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elric

Reaction score
Nicely done! I felt like my right hand gets stiff, lol. Those triplets =)

ADA MP-1/Gallien Krueger 250ML - not realistic, sorry. At least in the short term. We have to choose amps very carefully, as our development cycle is very long = only the most commonly desired amps are priority right now. If we release, for example, Gallien Krueger 250ML - which IS respected by certain people, but is not commonly desired by nowadays buyers - the sales momentum will be lost and things may get very ugly for us. We first want to establish a good "base" of commonly known/desired amps and then venture into the more exotic territory.
Agreed. I may be the world's biggest MP-1 fan but you can pick the actual unit up for under $400 all day long, there are fuzzboxes that cost that much. The GK is a bit harder to find but it is dirt cheap when you find one.

I'd much rather have something like a Bogner XTC/Uberschall/Soldano/Friedman/Satan something that is much more exotic/expensive. The 'unobtanium' factor.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
L0Sw7W9.png

Hi everyone!

We at Mercuriall Audio would love to hear your opinion and expertise! Please take part in this 1-3 minute long product survey to help shape the future of the amp sim market: https://goo.gl/forms/p5cb5AU6GAh323zF3
Your opinion will help us make the right decisions, improve products and build plans for future!

Thank you for your time,
Mercuriall Audio team

Metropolis

Reaction score
Tough choice between Dual Rectifier and 6505, but 6505 for me :agreed: On the other hand you could make a really good Recto, because most Recto amp sims out there sound like shit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lukhas

Reaction score
Depends if you do both the 6505 and the 6534 to get a 6L6 and a EL34 flavour. The Friedman is a sexy option but you guys already made a convincing arsenal of Marshall amps already. Probably gonna vote for the Recto even if I don't care about it at all, for the sake of variety. Actually I'd ask for a clean amp like the Roland Jazz Chorus, not too many sims of that beast out there. I'm satisfied with the high gain options from Mercuriall, and the Roland JC is a staple of 80's and some 90's clean tones.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Answered your poll but it got me thinking. Like said above, you’ve done Marshall, you’ve done Mesa, and you have the U530, which is a pretty lo mid heavy amp in the vein of a 6505.

What I’d really like to see your take on is a Fryette Pittbull.

There are no convincing sims of it out there (no sims at all, really), and I don’t know one single guitar player that wouldn’t at least give the demo a shot, let alone buy sight unseen based on your rep and the rep of the amp. Hell, I own all your stuff and I’d send you the $ in a heartbeat and so would most of the other players I know.

Good cleans, good crunch, great metal tones, onboard GEQ, and you guys haven’t done a KT88 amp yet.

I know they’re hard to come by outside of the US, but it’s something to think about, seeing as how you guys would have the only sim available of it. @Metafis

Elric

Reaction score
Aren't there gobs of 6505 sims out there? TSE X50 is already really solid, Revalver's is quite good, as is TH3, and Kazrog, you get the drift. The DR sims are just as plentiful although you might argue they seem to be less accurate but still virtually every package has a DR model. I voted BE100 because it is the most interesting of the three... I'd be into something completely different/unique like a Bogner XTC/Uber, Diezel, VHT, as per the above, Randall Satan or similar. Something a little more out there but still with enough appeal that you guys can bank on it.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Well, if they can get a recto to sound good, it will sell. As a business, I'd do that over a Peavey simply because Mesa amps are more expensive and seen as more desirable, as getting a cheap 5150 or evolutions is pretty easy. Not counting the EVH line is killing it for a more affordable price than mesas. (note: I live in europe, where mesas prices are stupid while Peavey offerings are very good value)

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Hey guys & gals!
Thanks a lot for participating in the survey and sharing your thoughts here, much appreciated!

Very tough choices indeed. One thing I can promise - the result will be world-class :hbang:

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Very tough choices indeed. One thing I can promise - the result will be world-class :hbang:

I submitted as well, but in the comments I suggested skipping the Dual Rec and doing the Triple Rec cause most sims/models out there are for the Dual Rec as opposed to the Triple. Yes I know they are very similar but they still have some tonal differences. I've always found my Triple tighter sounding than Dual's.

Rev.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Thank you, sir =)
What revisions of Duals and Triples are considered the best sounding? Anyone knows?

tender_insanity

Reaction score
I opened Mercuriall plugins today and for some reason I had to activate all of them again. Not sure if it's something to do with Win10 April update for I hadn't played guitar since the update.

Latest posts