Mercuriall is at it again - TRIAXIS

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Yes, it happens because of the big Windows updates =(
We are looking for ways to fix it. Hope it will be addressed in future updates.

In case you run out of activations, just shoot us a message through www.mercuriall.com support form and we will add more!

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Tough choice between Dual Rectifier and 6505, but 6505 for me :agreed: On the other hand you could make a really good Recto, because most Recto amp sims out there sound like shit.

Brainworx have single and dual recto plugins

Amplitube has a whole suite of amps officially endorsed by Mesa Boogie themselves

Kazrog has the dual and triple recto

Ancient old Guitar Rig 5 has an endorsed recto model too (Rammstein guy's amp)

Even the one in BIAS isn't bad

I would say that there are more than enough recto simulations out there. I'd love something different - Diesel VH4, ENGL Savage 120, ENGL Powerball etc. Or maybe even something proprietary and homemade...

And by the way, if you're looking for 6505 emulations, TSE X50 is still great. Kazrog Psycho C is also excellent (and costs like $10 or something)

Metropolis

Reaction score
Brainworx have single and dual recto plugins

Amplitube has a whole suite of amps officially endorsed by Mesa Boogie themselves

Kazrog has the dual and triple recto

Ancient old Guitar Rig 5 has an endorsed recto model too (Rammstein guy's amp)

Even the one in BIAS isn't bad

I would say that there are more than enough recto simulations out there. I'd love something different - Diesel VH4, ENGL Savage 120, ENGL Powerball etc. Or maybe even something proprietary and homemade...

And by the way, if you're looking for 6505 emulations, TSE X50 is still great. Kazrog Psycho C is also excellent (and costs like $10 or something)

Are those Brainworx ones made with Universal Audio? Once I tried to download a demo of their Engl Savage plugin, and you need to own a Universal Audio Apollo interface to do that.

I really hate Bias and how compressed it feels and sounds, same too with Amplitube.

TSE X50 is fine, but it also lacks feel and 3d'ness or overtones what real 5150 has. Kazrog is what I use nowadays, along with Mercuriall U530. They just feel great, and lack of feel is what includes to something sounding like shit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Are those Brainworx ones made with Universal Audio? Once I tried to download a demo of their Engl Savage plugin, and you need to own a Universal Audio Apollo interface to do that.

I really hate Bias and how compressed it feels and sounds, same too with Amplitube.

TSE X50 is fine, but it also lacks feel and 3d'ness or overtones what real 5150 has. Kazrog is what I use nowadays, along with Mercuriall U530. They just feel great, and lack of feel is what includes to something sounding like shit.

The brainworx "Megadual" is what you want - and it's not one of the Universal Audio exclusives. They also have another ENGL model. Fairly expensive, but if you look at Plugin Alliance, they occasionally have huge discounts available. I got megadual for $9.99 instead of the usual $120 or so. There's a 14 day demo so you can try it out.

Standard fare - I didn't think much of the inbuilt impulses (or "recording chains", as they call it) for metal. But turning cab simulation off and running my own impulses, megadual is the best recto simulation I've tried. I think it feels the best too.

Metropolis

Reaction score
The brainworx "Megadual" is what you want - and it's not one of the Universal Audio exclusives. They also have another ENGL model. Fairly expensive, but if you look at Plugin Alliance, they occasionally have huge discounts available. I got megadual for $9.99 instead of the usual $120 or so. There's a 14 day demo so you can try it out.

Standard fare - I didn't think much of the inbuilt impulses (or "recording chains", as they call it) for metal. But turning cab simulation off and running my own impulses, megadual is the best recto simulation I've tried. I think it feels the best too.

Thanks for this, it's a great amp. Especially feel in Megadual is so good, even with amps Mercuriall and Kazrog have. Shame it costs 149 dollars now, which is quite a lot from one amp, noisegate, collection of cabs and a simple delay.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Thanks for this, it's a great amp. Especially feel in Megadual is so good, even with amps Mercuriall and Kazrog have. Shame it costs 149 dollars now, which is quite a lot from one amp, noisegate, collection of cabs and a simple delay.

Subscribe to the Plugin Alliance mailing list. They do spam you - but at least it's with offers.

I see it go down to $9.99 maybe twice a year. I picked up megadual during their 12 days of Christmas sale

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Wadup guys!

Just a kind reminder - Reaxis is still on sale with a 33% discount! Less than 12 hours left! If you want to grab it, head over to www.mercuriall.com.

ALSO, we run a football World Cup contest on our Facebook page! You lose nothing, but can win up to 3 free licences of our products! =)
Head over to https://www.facebook.com/MercuriallAudioSoftware to participate!

Hell yeah =)

Lukhas

Reaction score
@Metafis Would Mercuriall ever consider releasing their noise gate as a standalone plugin?

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
@Metafis Would Mercuriall ever consider releasing their noise gate as a standalone plugin?

Hi! We do plan to keep releasing free stuff. What exactly gets released, no one knows yet =) Noise gate is one of the possibilities, I guess. But no promises to give.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Hi folks!

Small teaser =) I am testing an early version of our new product here.
Raw sound with no post-processing, as recorded by the phone camera. No boosts used in front of the plugin.

The modelling bar will be raised yet again! Stay tuned!