Mercuriall is at it again - TRIAXIS

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Brainworx have single and dual recto plugins

Amplitube has a whole suite of amps officially endorsed by Mesa Boogie themselves

Kazrog has the dual and triple recto

Ancient old Guitar Rig 5 has an endorsed recto model too (Rammstein guy's amp)

Even the one in BIAS isn't bad

I would say that there are more than enough recto simulations out there. I'd love something different - Diesel VH4, ENGL Savage 120, ENGL Powerball etc. Or maybe even something proprietary and homemade...

And by the way, if you're looking for 6505 emulations, TSE X50 is still great. Kazrog Psycho C is also excellent (and costs like $10 or something)
I'll also add that the LePou Lecto actually surprised me, for freeware - I was able to dial up a totally serviceable imitation of my lead sound with a SM57/Recto4x12 impulse and some light stereo delay. I think maybe a lot of the issue with the modelers "sounding like shit" is that they're Rectos, and if you don't dial them in like a Recto, then it's going to sound like a badly dialed in Recto. :lol:

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I'll also add that the LePou Lecto actually surprised me, for freeware - I was able to dial up a totally serviceable imitation of my lead sound with a SM57/Recto4x12 impulse and some light stereo delay. I think maybe a lot of the issue with the modelers "sounding like shit" is that they're Rectos, and if you don't dial them in like a Recto, then it's going to sound like a badly dialed in Recto. :lol:

I think you could be right. Setting everything to noon is going to sound horrible, if the plugin is staying true to the real amp.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think you could be right. Setting everything to noon is going to sound horrible, if the plugin is staying true to the real amp.
Actually, with a Recto, that's not a half bad starting point, though of course you're going to need to take the bass down in Modern mode. It's dialing it in like a JCM800 that gets you in trouble - diming the gain, bass, and treble, scooping the mids. :lol:

I seem to recall getting reasonably close to the sound of my real amp, using similar settings in the VST.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Wadup guys!

Not sure if I am allowed to create a new topic about the announcement (being a member of Mercuriall team), but if anyone wants to do that, we could discuss this:

gY4UK8V.png

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
Psst.
Reaxis is $45 these days. The BEST price since release, 50% off from $89.99 =)
I jumped on this deal. It was a PITA to activate the plugin for some reason but I figured it out. I really like it so far, it sounds and feel great to play through. Just wish their cab section had the ability to load more than one cab (or IR) at a time. Not a huge deal though since I just bypass it and use Recabinet.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
I jumped on this deal. It was a PITA to activate the plugin for some reason but I figured it out. I really like it so far, it sounds and feel great to play through. Just wish their cab section had the ability to load more than one cab (or IR) at a time. Not a huge deal though since I just bypass it and use Recabinet.

Hi!
Thanks a lot for your purchase and support! Greatly appreciated!

You can load two IRs - just load the second into the Reverb IR box =)

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
Hi!
Thanks a lot for your purchase and support! Greatly appreciated!

You can load two IRs - just load the second into the Reverb IR box =)
Yeah the reverb IR feature is really cool. So when is your next amp sim coming out? You should model a 51503 or the Invective amp :)

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Our short term plan is to update SS-11X and U530. After that - no news to share yet =)

Cool. WHat's coming to U530? It's pretty awesome, as it is.

Totally agree that a bitching 5150 III model would be good. People have done the block letter original to death. But IMO the III is a better amp all around. And the only good model I know is the Thermionik version.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
The scope of the update is not yet 100% confirmed.

We also have not decided yet on how we want to approach it. It may be a minor free update with the most requested features (like gate, stereo and maybe double mics) or a paid, entire overhaul with all the extras that Reaxis has + more.

Reaction score
Hey @Metafis

First let me congratulate you and Mercuriall for the fantastic work. Please allow me to ask you the following 2 questions:
  1. Is the ReAxis MIDI programmable, allowing to be used with MIDI boards for real-time parameters change?
  2. Not sure if this have been answered before, is there a stand alone version or just the VST one?
  3. Can it communicate with the REAL Triaxis for patch inter-change?
The 1st question is a decision maker for me, the 2nd is just curiosity, the 3rd would be a super bonus. I have a real Mesa Triaxis that I love but it is bulky to lug around in the rack (+power amp, + FX unit...) and going on hollydays I obviously won't take it with me. With the 1st question checked, I will probably buy this, if the 3rd is also checked, the probability vanishes to become a money transfer to your bank account, and I'm sure lots of folks at the Triaxis Facebook Group wouldn't think twice also... what say you?

Last edited:

Korneo

Reaction score
Done.

I use the Reaxis daily and still love it.
I hope the futur will be a 5150 I/II/III amp for more brutals sounds.
We can really find a good plugin of this amp (And I've try a tons) and with your sound quality and features (pedals + effects + IR loader), it can be really awesome.

Metafis

Pretty darn adequate
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who filled in the survey!

@odibrom Thanks for the positive words!
1. It can be programmed through the built-in DAW MIDI commands, just as any plugin. I personally don't know much about it and have not tested myself, but pretty much all Reaxis functions can be controlled through the DAW in this way.
2. No standalone for Reaxis. But we have it for SS-11X and of course want to do the same for all our plugins. When this is going to happen is a different question, though.
3. You can import real Triaxis presets, yes. If this is what you asked =) You can also export Reaxis presets and then import to Triaxis.

@Korneo Glad you like Reaxis!
I personally think we need a straight, fool-proof, totally metal amp like 5150 or similar. Hope it happens one day =)