Mesa 4x12 Should I?

• Thread starter smith10210
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

smith10210

Reaction score
I just sold my mesa 2x12 and can buy a 4x12 for $500 to use with my 6505+. My other options are to save a little more and maybe get a VHT fatbottom,Splawn,Bogner.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Mesa 4x12" is pretty much the industry standard at this point. The other brands you mentioned might have more "wow" factor because of the name plates but they're not really "better".

Get the Mesa.

smith10210

Reaction score
I probably will i wish it was straight though but it has the tan grill cloth which i like. I hear the haters say the Oversized cab's lowend is to loose and sloppy.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
I have a straight-front Mesa Stiletto 4x12 and I love it. And FYI, the smaller dimensions of the stiletto cabs do give it a more focused sound. Ive owned a recto cab in the past as well.

slayerrulesyo

Reaction score
I've played both, I now own 2 Recto cabs. Mesa or VHT heads, neither get sloppy or too bassy with these things. An overdrive will tighten it up even more. and for that price with a tan grill id go for it :D

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I had a 6505+ and oversized recto, definitely not sloppy.

My cab sounds so big and full, it actually makes a lot of other cabs sound weak. They can be made more focussed using the amp, and it also means on amps like Road Kings or roadsters, you can turn the bass down giving a clearer sound without sounding thin or weak.

')