Mesa Badlander 50 vs Rev E/F Dual Rectifier Video

• Thread starter BadSeed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BadSeed

Reaction score
Finally got some time to edit this one together!

My buddy was generous enough to loan me his rev E/F Dual Rec, Serial #617 for the week to shoot a couple videos with! I'm a lucky dude to have good friends.

I've never extensively played any early revision rectifiers, but I can say that they are WAY more tight than the Rev G's I had. Way more up my alley.

The Orange channel was killer, and I found myself really enjoying playing it. If you know me, enjoying playing rectifiers isn't really something that happens for me often, so this was a fun change of pace!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
On one hand I like the heft of the older Rectifiers but the Badlander just has something to the sound. I'd really like to get my hands on one and try it out. I had a three channel Triple Rectifier that I could never turn it high enough to get the sound I wanted plus I didn't know about boosting and Tubescreamers then. I always wanted to get another Recto and these seem to be a better choice!

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
Again, great demo format. I’m very familiar with a Rev F. I’ve played on one nearly as much as a multiwatt. Like you I prefer the Multiwatt, though a Rev F does sound insanely good. So this is actually pretty good reference material for me. It does occupy a similar broad midrange like a Diezel. Though by the sound of it, it’s not got as much low end. I prefer my Herbert to a Recto. The Badlander sounds like it’s in the ballpark of something I might want. I just hate that there’s no MIDI.

BadSeed

Reaction score
Again, great demo format. I’m very familiar with a Rev F. I’ve played on one nearly as much as a multiwatt. Like you I prefer the Multiwatt, though a Rev F does sound insanely good. So this is actually pretty good reference material for me. It does occupy a similar broad midrange like a Diezel. Though by the sound of it, it’s not got as much low end. I prefer my Herbert to a Recto. The Badlander sounds like it’s in the ballpark of something I might want. I just hate that there’s no MIDI.

I hear you on the herbert over the rectifiers. And the Badlander definitely doesn't have the massive low end of the herbert, although I feel the BL would cut through a mix better.

I just want to pair the Badlander with every amp I own and see how it sits together for a stereo rig. I need 18 more hours in a day.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm being told, now more than ever, I look like Matt Damon.
I'm not mad at that comparison. Could be Danny Devito
Danny upon hearing this
ff1.jpg

jnthrngd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good! I kinda wanna get the rackmount and pair it with my old rackmount recto

laxu

Reaction score
I think I prefer the Rev F here. The Badlander has mids that I find a bit obnoxious.

PS. The chin strap beard does you no favors. ;)

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
I hear you on the herbert over the rectifiers. And the Badlander definitely doesn't have the massive low end of the herbert, although I feel the BL would cut through a mix better.

I just want to pair the Badlander with every amp I own and see how it sits together for a stereo rig. I need 18 more hours in a day.

I’ve actually had butter luck cutting with a Herbert in practice than I did with a Recto. While my settings are a little more extreme in the mids and highs, I get a pretty aggressive sound. I also don’t use V30s or a 412. Ported 112 with an EM12 front loaded. The other guitar player in my band uses a 412 and has to turn up a fair amount to balance well. Bass player is using a 410 and 115. I do want to go stereo at some point. Thinking another 112, but sealed, and a VH4.

Frank's gear channel would surely be a hit.

')