Mesa Boogie Mark IV

• Thread starter bigot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bigot

Reaction score
Introduction
Ok I am a long time Mesa Boogie user and have owned several of them and played pretty much all of them. The Mark IV has to be my favorite. I play a variety of styles but my favorite being Metal/Jazz/Country

Ease Of Use
If you have a decent knowledge of guitar you can control this amp to your liking. Everything is very clearly labeled and a good tone can almost instantly be acquired. But if your used to the Clean/Crunch/Metal/Insane of a Line 6 your gonna have a lot of trouble. Thats why i gave this amp a 4 on ease of use.

Features
Alright i don't know where to begin on this one. This amp is basically a swiss army knife with a tube. The rhythm 1 gain knob pulls for bring and the 2nd and 3rd channel gain knobs pull for fat. Reverb on this amp is absolutely beautiful and clear. Full power and tweed switch for getting those power tubes hot without blowing your ears. Assignable stereo effects loop and satellite eq for those big rack eq units. My favorite feature on this amp has to be the 5 band eq which can be controlled by the eq button on the footswitch.

Reliably
Ok my drummer dropped this amp upside down on concrete from waist level and everything was fine. Only had retube a preamp tube but besides that this
thing is a work horse.

Value
I would never give this amp up for anything ever. Not even axe fx or engl. It has its own unique sound that just cause my nads to jump. This is an iconic amp in metal and it will be valued for a long time.

Customer Support
MESA IS THE SHIT. I broke two knobs by being a dumbass and they had them to me in a week. They were all extremely knowledgeable and after the buisiness talk i had at least a 15 minute convo with the guy about gear. Never been more satisfied.

Expressiveness/Sounds
This amp is extremely dynamic expecially on rhythm 2 it can either whisper or bite your ear off. The controls all do what you would want them to do. This is important to me cus i hate playing an amp where the mids won't ever come back even when you crank the knob. The clean can be jazzy smooth to a twangy country that brad paisley himself loves. The distortion is soo clean and tight with just the right amount of crunch. The worst sound i got out of the amp sounded like a duel rec. This amp can go from deathmetal to country to jazz to djent in a second.

Overall Rating
Did you not get the picture yet? This amp is great i was mad they only gave it a 1-5

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')