Mesa Boogie Mk IV head + DBX 266 XL + Rocktron Hush Pro + Monster Power + rack

• Thread starter sheboingo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sheboingo

Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Mesa Boogie Mk IVa short amplifier head - rack mounted, DBX 266 XL compressor/limiter, Rokctron Hush Pro noise-gate, MOnster Power MP2500 power conditioner. Everything in perfect working order, very nice shape (the amplifier is more than 10 years old)

Modifications (if any): none

Accessories (hardshell case etc): EWI tourcase/rack; the amp includes original footswitch and reverb. Everything is already wired and set up, just plug into the cabinet of choice and let 'er rip. I'll include all the tubes from the pic below, Mk IV can use a variety of tube types, either of the same type or mixed in pairs, but you already knew that. Presently JJs are in a preamp and SED Winged =C= (6L6GC) in the power section

Location (City,State or City,Country): Santa Monica, California, U.S.A. Local pickup welcome, prefered actually

Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM
References (eBay or other forum userid): Dersu Uzala on Mesa Boogie forum (The Boogie Board • Index page)

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 1,450$ US for the entire rig + shipping, if any

Pictures:
IMG_51591.jpg
IMG_51581.jpg

IMG_51621.jpg

P1020347.jpg

A few notes: I have already posted a similar ad on Mesa Boogie forum and craigslist. I have never sold gear in my life, just kept on acquiring it. I'll post some more pictures after I get some sleep.

I'd prefer the local pickup, for obvious reasons. If there's an interest in shipping the items, you should be aware of the fact that this stuff is heavy. I can't even pick this up any more by myself. Probably 70-80 pounds or so.

If shipped, I can have a custom wooden crate built to exact measures and everything would go in it (tubes would be pulled out for shipping and packaged with the rest of the tube lot in a separate box and attached inside the tourcase). The wooden crate would run extra 40$ max. The company that makes crates also does the shipping and they do all this for antique and expensive furniture, they are on top of their game. Bubble wrapping, styrofoam the whole 9 yards. This is serious gear and it should arrive in pristine condition. Everything is really up to the buyer, so we'll hack something out, I know I'd want a whole lot of pampering if I were to buy something without the chance of picking it up myself.

Even though I don't have a PayPal account myself, the gentleman who runs Gary Kramer Guitars (Gary Kramer Guitar) does, so he would invoice the buyer and the funds would be deposited into their account (unless paid in person). His name is Leo Scala, and he will also vouch for yours truly.

In closing, I picked this gear up in person from a forum member on boogie Boards, took it home and never bought the adequate cabinet. Instead of investing more, I'm now trying to recoupe my investment while also clearing some valuable space. If you want to try it in person, we'd probably hitch a ride to El Segundo to Gary Kramer Guitars headquarters, where you can test the heck out of it.

That's all I could think of for the moment, thanks for looking and don't hesitate to hit me up with any questions.

Happy New Year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')