Mesa Dual rectifier solo head help!

Reaction score
I have a mesa Dual rectifier solo head paired up with and orange ppc412 cab, and i was wondering if there is any channel setting recommendations and/or any pedal set ups. I am currently running a boss noise suppressor and an ibanez tubescreamer. I play in a band that plays Southern/Hardcore music such as The ghost inside, Everytime i die, The holly springs disaster, Gideon, Memphis may fire (sleepwaking), and stick to your guns type stuff. Any help would be appreciated. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
i run a dual rectifier into an orange 212, and for my ETID setting i have the orange channel on modern, bass at 1130, mids at 1230, treble at 1, presence at 11, and gain at 230/3. run the channel master higher than the output master, and boost with the tubescreamer, volume full up and gain all the way down to 9 o clock to taste. having a guitar with emgs helps for jordans sound, and andy switches his pups a lot, but my bkp nailbomb fits pretty damn good

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
I have a similar rig, and often shoot for a similar sound. I ended up pulling two tubes out of the rec so I could push it harder. I usually have a similar EQ as Dabo suggested, but I dial the gain down to 10:30/11 and crank the master as loud as the room will let me. It's a huge sound and very well defined. I also can't say enough good things about the Maxon 808 and/or SparkleDrive. I love the SD more than any other boost I've played. I'd also suggest the SS rectifier (unless you upgrade the stock rec tubes) and heavy picks and strings. I always play with at least 11-52 on my McCarty.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I have a mesa Dual rectifier solo head paired up with and orange ppc412 cab, and i was wondering if there is any channel setting recommendations and/or any pedal set ups. I am currently running a boss noise suppressor and an ibanez tubescreamer. I play in a band that plays Southern/Hardcore music such as The ghost inside, Everytime i die, The holly springs disaster, Gideon, Memphis may fire (sleepwaking), and stick to your guns type stuff. Any help would be appreciated. :hbang:

I run an almost identical rig to you, except I've got the Triple Recto head, ISP gate and the Maxon 808 instead of the TS. I also use a compressor and an additional gate.
For hardcore/metal sounds, I use the orange channel in vintage mode with the treble at 0, mids around 2:00, bass a little below 1:00, presence around 1-1:30, channel volume about 10:00 and gain usually between 1:00 and 2:00.
I talked to Jake Bowen when I saw Periphery on the Frak the Gods tour about how he used to set his Triple Rec (when they used amps :lol:) and he suggested I do something similar to what I just listed as far as a lot of treble OR presence and not much of the other on the orange/vintage mode boosted with some sort of 808/TS pedal then use your ears to adjust to taste.
Also, I'm using EL-34 power tubes in my amp, so you may have slightly different results than me.
Anyway, this and the posts above mine should give you a pretty good starting point for finding a sound you like. Hope this helps :yesway:

7stringDemon

Reaction score
It would help a lot if you told us WHAT you're not getting out of your tone that you're liking. Like, if it doesn't have enough punch for you, or it's too fizzy, then we can give some solutions to help that.

But us being in the dark will give you about as many helpful answers as just not asking at all.

So please, give some specifics of what you're wanting the amp to do :)

Reaction score
I always thought el34's were better in the rectos ive owned seemed tighter and better crunch, could never get the vintage mode sounding right though, for me those amps are like jeckyl and hyde one day sound absolutely amazing the next with same setiings/room ect total shit??
I would keep your bass below noon and the gain as well,id also try running the treble way down and dial in the presence to taste...good luck

')