Mesa Mark IV. Solo/Volume boost

• Thread starter maliciousteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to increase volume (or at least perceived volume) for solo sections with the Mark IV?

Im going to experiment with using an EQ pedal in the FX loop to see if that'll work but, is there anything I should consider?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
How do use the EQ? if you use it with a scoop, maybe disengage the EQ and let the natural mid focus of the amp do the lead work.

jwiltz2072

Reaction score
I use a Boss GE7 in the effects loop of my Mark IV for this exact thing. When I go into a solo I kick on the effects loop and I have the EQ set to bring the volume up a little and it works perfectly.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I also used a GE7 for leads with my Mark III, works really well. Any boost pedal or OD could work, too, but an EQ like the GE7 or MXR 10 band will give you more substantial control over boosted frequencies and volume.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I bought a cheap Behringer EQ to experiment so I'll see how it goes.

')