Mesa owners thread

• Thread starter Gibbycustom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BaptizedBurning

Reaction score
13931820821_f072d91024.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
That's what my Triple looks like. Baddest looking amp out there IMHO.

EDIT: here's a lousy pic of mine
LP7_zpsda9ffbec.jpg
Definitely my favorite variation of the Rectos. Blackface, Chrome Chassis, Black Dome Knobs, Purple Jewel.

I know you love yours. I know mine is the best Recto I have ever heard. I dont know why it sounds better than others, but it definitely sounds deeper, clearer, and just more huge than most Rectos I have played. Something about these particular amps just makes them the crown of the variations, IMO.

Gibbycustom

Reaction score
I have a Mesa .50 Caliber +. I wanted one for a long time and finally found this one used last year for a good price. Still need a Mark V 25 and a cab. But for now:

20150104_193610_zpsaer9lwyq.jpg

Man, I LOVE this setup. How's that DC sound? They've been peaking my interest lately.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
I have previously owned two Single Rectifiers. Currently have a Recto 4x12 and a 50/50, but the power amp is on the block. The gear is bullet-proof and contains a number of my favourite sounds. I do definitely see myself owning another Recto one day. Maybe a 3 channel multi-watt DR or a Roadster... Maybe a Mark IV... That's a ways away, though.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Man, I LOVE this setup. How's that DC sound? They've been peaking my interest lately.

Not sure about the DCs, but the 50 Calibers were kind of like a striped down Mark IIIs without the push/pull features. The Plus model had 6L6s instead of EL84s. They also reworked the preamp some. Pepper Keenan used them for years with Corrosion of Conformity. Also Fluff got one not too long ago, which will probably give you a good idea of what they sound like since he demos with it in a mix and by itself.

CountFrisky

Formerly Jveeman45
Reaction score
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! :hbang:
Can't get enough of that sweet Mesa tone. Here's my little corner of the house, which brings me so much joy. I sold my cabs and am awaiting a two notes torpedo live very soon. The wife and I are starting a family soon and I'm going to need to be more quiet. :lol:

Mark IV-A -SN- IV2702

Racktifier -SN- 12248

No pedals really, just a Grid Slammer into the front end of both amps, and a Way Huge AquaPuss in the loop of the Mark.

Gibbycustom

Reaction score
Not sure about the DCs, but the 50 Calibers were kind of like a striped down Mark IIIs without the push/pull features. The Plus model had 6L6s instead of EL84s. They also reworked the preamp some. Pepper Keenan used them for years with Corrosion of Conformity. Also Fluff got one not too long ago, which will probably give you a good idea of what they sound like since he demos with it in a mix and by itself.

Sorry about that. I meant to type 50 Cal, but I'm sure you figured that. I've been listening to some demos on youtube, and I agree they sound very markish. Way more aggressive than I thought they would be.

jase

Reaction score
Love Mesa p0rn!

1554482_529919677121118_314150007_n.jpg

Multi-Watt DR and Recto 412. I changed the faceplate to leather, and also wrapped the 5150 while I was at it.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I meant to type 50 Cal, but I'm sure you figured that. I've been listening to some demos on youtube, and I agree they sound very markish. Way more aggressive than I thought they would be.

They have very nice cleans as well. Actually was inspired to play mine today, been using the 5153 mostly. They can get pretty mean sounding, but they also do lower gain stuff well too. I'd like to find a non plus version to compare it to. Sound quality isn't great, but this is the non plus version.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Bad pics, but I love the sound of my Rev G racktifier to bits:

mlRa74s.jpg

1TeJ8Qz.jpg

Edika

Reaction score
If we had a Mesa setup, didn't really want to sell it but had too and would love to get one again, do we still qualify for the thread? :'( :'( :'(

protest

Reaction score
SOOOO pissed I'm not getting back into the club. I missed out on a Mark IIc on GC used site by minutes. I called while the dude was in the process of buying it. ....ing $699.

')