Mesa Tone Sessions, with Devin Townsend!

• Thread starter MESA Boogie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
The last one, the mandelbrot, is actually not and I am not sure about the first one. You can see this in one of the production videos where Devin is in the warwick factory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3CXJf-NQ4

Definitely, I was only referring to the one he uses in this video. Mprinsje's right about the first one, you can see the paper tag/sticker thing that's on the inside of the guitar in that picture.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Not really into the track, but the tone is really nice and Dev is an utter legend (as per usual, tbh).

MESA Boogie

Reaction score
Having used to work for Warwick & Framus, and having held/played these guitars...I can assure you they are real F-holes! The white Mayfield is hollow with a solid center block. The AK1974 is chambered. : )

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't get why people think hollowbodies/semihollows can't do metal ? lol

Nobody claimed that, it's just that they're so prone to feedback when playing live.
Take Daath and Emil Werstler as a further example of hollowbody metal guitar

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
Anyone know if there was an OD in front of that recto? Wish they would go over the details of the signal chain

vid description says "Recorded with a Sennheiser e906 on the Rectifier 4x12 and a Heil PR30 on the Lone Star 2x12 Extension Cab." so I dont think there was an OD, or at least I think they would've mentioned it if there was?

Not sure why you would want to go over something like that in a video called "Tone Sessions" though, seems like a really unreasonable expectation to me :nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')