Mesa Triaxis- Mark IV

• Thread starter drdistortion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys.Several week ago I heard the Mesa Mark IV head.It was really great and I was really impreesd by it's sound.But I've allready bought the rectifier head and I don't want to buy another one.That's why i'm interested how Triaxis sounds similar to Mark IV.Thanks:wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
well, if you get the TriAxis, then you'll need a power amp to go along with it (or, use the power section of your Recto). just get the Mark IV :D

dream-thief

I Am The Anger
Reaction score
Hardly answers the question though.

Triaxis is easier to drag around the place :D

I'd like to know too as well.

Please? Someone?

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
The Triaxis version of the Mark IV is in the neighborhood but my experience with the Triaxis was that it wasn't quite up to par with the real thing. The Mark IV version sounded good mind you, just not as good as the real thing. I always pictured my Triaxis / 2:90 combination as a Mesa Boogie sampler.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
so what's wrong with the recto?

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Well, first off, the triaxis is sold as being all those amps, but in all honesty, it isn't, it's more it's own animal, and I've coaxed awesome sounds out of it.

If you want a Mark IV, get a mark IV

If you want a preamp that will cover any ground, sound awesome and get a wide variety of sounds that are kick ass, then the triaxis is the one. In fact, I actually prefer the triaxis recto tone to the real thing

Reaction score
Thanks for answers.
I'm gonna to use Triaxis with the recto's poweramp and I've told that I don't want to buy one more head :)Besides of this I can't tell that Mark IV is my ideal of guitar sound. I decided to build the rack and I think Triaxis will be wery helpful for me in any case.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Thanks for answers.
I'm gonna to use Triaxis with the recto's poweramp and I've told that I don't want to buy one more head :)Besides of this I can't tell that Mark IV is my ideal of guitar sound. I decided to build the rack and I think Triaxis will be wery helpful for me in any case.
Yep, triaxis is way versataille, it rocks :) Oh, and if you can, skip the recto power amp and pair it up with the 2:90, then 2:90 really does complement it extremely well, although I've used el34,6l6 and lately 6550 based power amps with it and then all sound great :) But with the 2:90 you'll get all the extra switching options on the power amp which is nice!

Reaction score
Well,but using triaxis with the loop of rectifier I'll have an opportunity to switch between the triaxis and the recto's original sound.It will be really great for me to have recitfier/mark IV sounds in one rig.

Latest posts

')