Meshuggah & Axe fx

• Thread starter Gilbertsgotbrootz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Here you guys.

"What is your current guitar and amp setup, and how do you EQ it to get that “Meshuggah” tone?
—Bob Thompson

I’m guessing we are talking about the rhythm sound here. For a few years now, I’ve been using Fractal Audio’s Axe-Fx Ultra. There are 70 amps included, and I use more than one. But the ones I like the most now are Recto New, which is based on the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier amps; Das Metall, which is based on the Diezel VH4; and USA IIC+ 2, which is based on the Mesa/Boogie Mark II. I also still use Line 6’s Vetta II in the rehearsal studio. As far as EQ, it’s impossible to say what I do, because it’s different on every amp. But in general, I use a lot of drive and bass, a little mid, and some treble and presence."

Interview: Meshuggah Guitarist Fredrik Thordendal Answers Reader Questions | Guitar World

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
When we toured with them in Australia I took these pics of their rigs.

Doesn't really tell you much but at least you know for a fact it's the Recto New amp sim haha.

bezv45.jpg

2aak3n8.jpg

The Grief Hole

Reaction score
OP! Download the Dashuggah patch that floats around on the fractal forums. It uses stock settings and just needs tweaking depending on your pick-ups. Its the closest I've heard anyone get to it using stock stuff

Latest posts

')