Meshuggah - "I" Drum cover...

• Thread starter toothbrush
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

toothbrush

Reaction score
...and 'rest of the instruments' cover. Got in contact with my new buddy Sam and we agreed to attempt this track together. Took some time but worth the effort! Can't get enough of the outro riff; probably Meshuggah's best outro, and they've got a lot of 'em. Hope some of you enjoy it...thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Fucking. Madness. I try to play along with this song and lose track of where I am in about 20 seconds.

toothbrush

Reaction score
Thanks, Soya! Well you can tell that I'm reading some of those notes in the first 20 seconds, hence my charts throughout... :D There are portions of pattern here and there, but the entire piece has lots of randomness..!

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
That's insane!! I'd always had the thought in my mind that I'd like to learn this one but that would be one hell of a project to take on hahha. It's a shame the drum section doesn't get more activity because this thread deserves way more than two comments.

toothbrush

Reaction score
SYLrules88 Two comments are better than none, so I'll take 'em! But yeah, thanks for checking out the cover. "I" is honestly more learnable than you might imagine. The randomness of basically every section is what (obviously) makes it tough. Use the charts I created if you wanna have a stab at it!

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
The music isn't my style, but amazing technique and timing. It's confusing even to listen to. I can't imagine trying to play that. Incredible job.