Meshuggah Megamushthread!!

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
Tonight I went bowling for the first time in maybe 10 years. There was pop and R&B playing, then all of a sudden.... fucking Bleed starts playing. :lol:

Apparently I need to go bowling more often.

/random post

was it karaoke night? :lol::hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jr1092

Avalanche in D Minor
Reaction score
Was a great show. However getting back home safely was a reenactment of the pit. Now I remember why I hate going to Philadelphia shows.

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
I was in the front where everyone basically went crazy on each other the whole show... Such an experiece. My whole body us sore, but that was the best crowd I've ever seen.
Great show and performance by the band. Everything was spot on!

Crowd was nuts too although at times it was getting a little too crazy and people were getting kicked out etc.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but this mini story I'm about to tell makes me extremely happy.

My friend is trying to sell his Meshuggah tickets so he can go to his favourite local band's final show before they hit the studio...

He said "lets make a dealio" "Meshuggah tix > free band logo"

And to make this story better, this cute girl asked me to go with her

Can anyone say winning?

ManBeast

Reaction score
super thick, solid and tight last night. That wall of sound was amazing.

c3a8f47d.jpg

e5d29169.jpg

MartinMTL

Reaction score
My. God. The Montreal show was nuts. One of my favourite concerts. They had Go-Pros on the guitars and throughout the stage, so does this mean a live DVD? Did other dates have them filming as well?

Either way, I cannot wait to see these guys again.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Yeah, it was completely insane

Setlist (in somewaht of an order)

Obsidian/Demiurge
Pravus
Combustion
Glints Collide
Lethargica
The Hurt
Do Not Look Down
Catch 33 (IDID/IDIL)
New Millennium Cyanide Christ
I am Colossus
Bleed
Rational Gaze
-----
Future Breed Machine (at real tempo!)
Dancers to a Discordant System

may be forgetting one...

7Mic7

Reaction score
My review for the show in montréal:

first the pros: Great energy from the band and particulary the singer, Jens know how to make there songs much more heavy with his sync headbang to the rythmes(god I love this guy and his demonic faces). The set list was absolutly killer and they played everything to perfection like they always do!The sound was not to loud wich i think is respectful from the band.The light show was really nice and the people went fucking crazy as the show was advancing.They play some of there song, a little slower wich I think was awesome (slow a groove and and it become groovier haha).

The cons: Yep there was some cons :(. I was in front of the crowd for the whole show and the sound really was not like the previous show i saw 5 or 6 years ago. The place whare they played was an ex theatre and was way to large, i think, to really capture the whole frequency spectrum. I should have back away but i love to be in the front and see them. My friend who was in the back told me the sound was really better.Baroness was ok for what they played but it was not really fitting with the whole show imo. Last but not least, I found that the band was kind of tired because they didn't do any sincronyded head banging like they used to do( you know the kind of head bang meshuggah can do with there whole body)No nothing of that:(

Over all I'll give an 7.5 for this show. I know I'm kind of an hard critic but who cares :lol: I'm still very happy of the night I had and I wish you guys an awesome show.

p.s.dont judge my english , I know its not the best.

:metal::metal:

Reactions: Oli

Oli

Insomniac
Contributor
Reaction score

first the pros: Great energy from the band and particulary the singer, Jens know how to make there songs much more heavy with his sync headbang to the rythmes(god I love this guy and his demonic faces). The set list was absolutly killer and they played everything to perfection like they always do!The sound was not to loud wich i think is respectful from the band.The light show was really nice and the people went fucking crazy as the show was advancing.They play some of there song, a little slower wich I think was awesome (slow a groove and and it become groovier haha).

The cons: Yep there was some cons :(. I was in front of the crowd for the whole show and the sound really was not like the previous show i saw 5 or 6 years ago. The place whare they played was an ex theatre and was way to large, i think, to really capture the whole frequency spectrum. I should have back away but i love to be in the front and see them. My friend who was in the back told me the sound was really better.Baroness was ok for what they played but it was not really fitting with the whole show imo. Last but not least, I found that the band was kind of tired because they didn't do any sincronyded head banging like they used to do( you know the kind of head bang meshuggah can do with there whole body)No nothing of that:(

Over all I'll give an 7.5 for this show. I know I'm kind of an hard critic but who cares :lol: I'm still very happy of the night I had and I wish you guys an awesome show.

Fuck yeah Mike!! This is pretty much all I have to say: :bowdown:
The show was ridiculous. Nice seeing you by the way!
I'm looking forward to our jam .

Cheers!

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score

I was right in the middle of the venue standing right behind the mosh and the sound was incredible, heard everything LOUD and CLEAR; just as good if not better than when I saw them on the Obzen tour. I was at the gate for combustion and pravus and the sound wasn't the best there hence why I moved back... to mimic what your friend said... having no one infront of me allowed me to see everything really well too.

They also did like what any good bands do, start out at a decent volume and slowly increase the volume until it ends in a BANG by the time they got to "Dancers..."

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Hey, quick question to those who have been to the shows, what time does the show end? I need to decide if I should take the metro or drive.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. It looks like I made the right decision to drive instead of taking the metro.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Just got back from the Maryland stop of the tour and I gotta say...IT WAS INSANE!!!!! I was at the front of the crowd right in front of Dick and Mårten and I literally was being jammed into the barrier the entire show because people were going nuts behind me. However, it was very much worth it. This was the first time I have ever seen Meshuggah live so I have nothing to base my opinion on, but out of all the major metal acts I have seen...Meshuggah played the best set I have ever been lucky enough to attend. Not many bands like this can play an almost 2 hour set and maintain so much energy and precision. Can't wait for them to come again \m/

Oh! I also caught Dick's pick :D

')