Meshuggah Megamushthread!!

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
expecting them to have some intense/ridiculous stage presence would be not only asking too much, but I also think it would be missing the point of their music entirely.

Watching Fredrick stare blankly into the crowd while vaguely swaying his body to the pulse was one of the greatest things I've experienced at a show. I don't need crazy stage antics to get fully immersed in the experience.

Then again, I dont think one should mosh at a Meshuggah show, but that's just me. They're music evokes a trance like state in me that just isnt consistent with aggression or rowdy moshing.

Yeah if you want insane, go to a Faceless show. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snarpaasi

Reaction score
Well that was pretty weird rig rundown. Not many techs say "I don't know, can't remember", "just basic layout: recto new, drive, gate, cab.." :wallbash:

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
I agree, they where in fact, a little too tight for my liking, it was like listening to a cd playlist REALLY REALLY loud, not to mention the lack of intensity on stage...It was pretty boring. Also getting my ribs crushed in while in the front row didn't make it too fun either. Everyone is trying to push forward, ruins the show.

so aside from the fact that Meshuggah put on a performance that was studio quality live, you didn't enjoy that it was loud and there were people all over you. :scratch:

what are you doing at shows then? you'll never be satisfied if you go to a show expecting pristine conditions. too many kids crushing you at the front? jump on top of them and start crowdsurfing. guarantee your spirits will be lifted, not to mention you'll have some nice exercise...as opposed to standing at the front, holding your spot down, waiting for fredrik to dance around like a monkey.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
Saw them last Friday in Sacramento.

Long story short, Meshuggah was crazy (see what I did there? huehuehue)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Well that was pretty weird rig rundown. Not many techs say "I don't know, can't remember", "just basic layout: recto new, drive, gate, cab.." :wallbash:

Fredrik is responsible for most of that stuff, so all the tech has to do is to maintain things really.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
AVH isn't so much their rig or on the road tech as he just seems to be a kick ass guitar tech who they prefer to take their instruments to for restoration, fretwork etc.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Their tech has posted here in the past, if he can Shed his Lethargica maybe he'll chime in.

I'm being called lazy? :lol::rolleyes: I'm waaay to busy doing repairs to sit around following threads, and only come here when I'm alerted by someone to check something relevant to me. So ok, is there something specific you wanted to know?

Which tech? Allen? Kent? Mishah? They have different techs.

Micha was their older backline tour tech, Kent is the current backline tour tech, and I'm the guitar maintenance/repair tech and archive host.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I'm being called lazy? :lol::rolleyes: I'm waaay to busy doing repairs to sit around following threads, and only come here when I'm alerted by someone to check something relevant to me. So ok, is there something specific you wanted to know?

Micha was their older backline tour tech, Kent is the current backline tour tech, and I'm the guitar maintenance/repair tech and archive host.

Sorry for the other member's comments, I enjoy what you do!
:wavey:

Doug N

Reaction score

No, just trying to make a semi-lame joke with the song names of two Meshugg songs, Lethargica and Shed. :shred:

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I figured, its' all good. :)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score

which is why i asked, since he just said "their tech"

edit: One thing Kent didn't mention, was whether or not they play to a click or something, which i would imagine is necessary considering the MIDI patch changes are done automatically throughout the show. Do you know anything about what they do live lately?

Latest posts

')