Meshuggah Megamushthread!!

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I'm sorry about the arm, I was a little concerned that might be happening towards the end of the night. And for running into you, since that was generally trying to shove off people behind you/to the side of you - you seemed pretty cool :yesway: We got a setlist, I don't know who got a pick but nobody from my group.

edit: to clarify: were you wearing a hat and glasses IIRC?

Also, to the person commenting about Meshuggah's lights show - yes. Really, really well done.

Well...this is awkward, I was not wearing glasses and a hat :ugh: What side were you on, Mårten/Dick or Fredrik?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceboy

Banned
Reaction score
I think I was probably right near you. Was wearing a Koloss shirt with my arms around my girlfriend the whole time trying to give her some space and getting really pissed off at everyone behind me. With two other guys (LoG shirt in front of us at the rail, white Koloss glow in the dark shirt) and another chick. Yeeeeeeeesh the crowd was bad - I'm fine with people rocking the fuck out, but there were so many people shoving and downright clawing and prying at people who were already in front to try to take their spaces. Like, let me get one hand on the rail and then fling myself about to knock back everyone who was up there. Made it really hard to concentrate on the bands... who all fucking slayed.

I think you guys upstairs had the right idea. I'm gonna try to blow up that picture because I know we're all in it :lol:

edit: not to mention we almost had a fight break out behind us because Guy B flipped Guy A's hat way off into the crowd because Guy A was nearly piledriving guy B for five minutes straight in the pit and then gut punched him. oyyyyyyyy....
Yeah, I was at the MD date too, over in front of Fredrik with a blue/white button-down and a girl. I drove nearly 8 hours to get there. It took way too much effort to keep people from crushing my asthmatic girlfriend, eventually she got winded and we took off closer to the bar, and had a much better view. I assumed the upstairs balcony was only for the VIP ticket holders, so didn't even bother looking for the stairs, but wish I did. I'm not an upfront, mosh 'til you drop kind of guy anyway. We should've come down a day early to do some of the dorky tourist crap around DC too.

EDIT: By any chance does someone know what that tele-esque guitar played by the vocalist of Baroness was? It was gorgeous and I snapped a pic on my cellphone, but it's blurry. The lead guitarist sounded absolutely awful that night.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
:lol: Marten/Dick at stage left. Pretty much right in line with the left-center wedge. There was a girl who was going nutso who caught a pickbwho had started way further to the side and migrated center... we all wanted to kill her, lol.

Also, I believe that was (one of several, maybe) Baizley's First Act Custom. Very pretty indeed.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
:lol: Marten/Dick at stage left. Pretty much right in line with the left-center wedge. There was a girl who was going nutso who caught a pickbwho had started way further to the side and migrated center... we all wanted to kill her, lol.

Also, I believe that was (one of several, maybe) Baizley's First Act Custom. Very pretty indeed.

Did the guy in the meshuggah glow shit (me) have short hair? I was in the front on that side the whole time, took a bunch of pics

And that was indeed a first act guitar that he played.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
They killed it in NYC last night! I was surprised that they didn't play "Break Those Bones...", not disappointed, just surprised. But the setlist was awsome, and the crowd was nuts!

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Yeah, I was at the MD date too, over in front of Fredrik with a blue/white button-down and a girl. I drove nearly 8 hours to get there. It took way too much effort to keep people from crushing my asthmatic girlfriend, eventually she got winded and we took off closer to the bar, and had a much better view. I assumed the upstairs balcony was only for the VIP ticket holders, so didn't even bother looking for the stairs, but wish I did. I'm not an upfront, mosh 'til you drop kind of guy anyway. We should've come down a day early to do some of the dorky tourist crap around DC too.

I was at the balcony. It was 20 extra bucks at the stairs up. Totally worth it. I'm 28 years old. I have exerted my "mosh around like a fucking moron" energy several years ago.

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Also, the Rod Stewart loop is a gag that started after they toured on Catch 33. My friends and I came to the conclusion that this has been an ongoing joke with them since 2009. I think it's hilarious. It's psychologically excellent, because you begin to forget what metal sounds like after 10 minutes of Rod. And then Ophidian began. And I shat myself for an hour and a half.

dNate

Reaction score
Didn't have any money to see them when they came through LA. Probably gonna be my biggest regret of the year.

My hope is that they do at least one more US tour but if not, I guess I'm waitin til the next album cycle...
:wallbash:

Danxile

Reaction score
The NY date was the most unbelievable show ive ever been to. Shug's tone was crazy, they were FLAWLESS, and i think its noteworthy that Marten had a go pro camera on the headstock of his guitar, which looked to be pointed at himself and the crowd, so i wouldnt be surprised if we see some stage footage from the band at one point or another. I'll never forget right before the main riff came in for Dancers to a Discordant System i screamed "Oh Fuckkkkkkkkkk" and the place EXPLODED right afterwards. Best. Show. Ever.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Did the guy in the meshuggah glow shit (me) have short hair? I was in the front on that side the whole time, took a bunch of pics

And that was indeed a first act guitar that he played.

I maybe saw you but I think you ended up more to the right of me, lol. Good times anyhow!

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
and i think its noteworthy that Marten had a go pro camera on the headstock of his guitar, which looked to be pointed at himself and the crowd, so i wouldnt be surprised if we see some stage footage from the band at one point or another.

pretty sure Scion is working on a documentary type thing for this entire tour.

OzoneJunkie

Reaction score
The NY date was the most unbelievable show ive ever been to. Shug's tone was crazy, they were FLAWLESS, and i think its noteworthy that Marten had a go pro camera on the headstock of his guitar, which looked to be pointed at himself and the crowd, so i wouldnt be surprised if we see some stage footage from the band at one point or another. I'll never forget right before the main riff came in for Dancers to a Discordant System i screamed "Oh Fuckkkkkkkkkk" and the place EXPLODED right afterwards. Best. Show. Ever.

I saw a flyer up at the show saying that the show was being videotaped, so... yeah :)

BadBovineNickel

Reaction score
Yeah, saw Go-Pros on Marten's guitar (looked like bat wings from upstairs!) but also on Fredrik's down around the body area. Probably so we can get a good view of him when he's soloing and showing the audience the top of his head.

Also want to mention BIG PROPS for the event staff at Terminal 5. I saw them pouring water into people's mouths near the end of the show (they may've done it throughout) but I thought that was pretty cool. They have a hard, thankless job and I thought that showed real class.

(Still don't like the venue tho...:squint:)

I Voyager

Reaction score
Also want to mention BIG PROPS for the event staff at Terminal 5. I saw them pouring water into people's mouths near the end of the show (they may've done it throughout) but I thought that was pretty cool. They have a hard, thankless job and I thought that showed real class.

This. Definitely helped. It was brutal up there. :lol:

Latest posts

')