Meshuggah nothing re-issue

• Thread starter RISKY
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RISKY

still got my no-no
Reaction score
heard it today, at first realized how much I like these songs already and wasn't sure if them redoing the gutairs made it any better, after hearing about how they hadn't had 8 strings to use and that's why they redid it, I started to really dig it. Anybody else heard it yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tubbs Mcgee

Wobbled away
Reaction score
The album does sound a bit better, but I don't see a huge difference. I liked it anyway, before the re-issue.

Oguz286

Reaction score
I like the original better, this one sounds more like catch33, which doesn't sound as good as nothing IMO. Especially the drums sound dull and lifeless, but sill it sounds good :)

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd like to try and pick it up this weekend when I get paid.

RISKY

still got my no-no
Reaction score
it's real good, it definitely sounds more produced than the original which is why my initial reaction was bad. but is it over produced? considering they didn't have proper 8 strings I could see why they would want to do it. I was wondering if anyone thought the tone on the original was better because of the unique home brewed factor, which I'm usually more partial too.
i think the dvd just has 3 songs on it, i might be wrong ill look again. the slaughter of the soul reissue had a dvd where they talk through the whole record and speak about how they use the metahl zone that everyone hates and the eeebanez geetar. which was pretty cool, but even that got kinda boring but every label is putting dvds in now to promote sales, i think its just music videos on this one that are old now, nothing special.

B

Brutalized

i tried four places none of which had it. it sucks when you cant even pay for music when you want to, so i had to torrent it. the cymbals are less profound, but over all it sounds better, especially certain songs like Stengah and Rational Gaze sound almost completely different. although it doesn't compare to the holy trinity of None/DEI/Chaosphere.

B

Brutalized

after listening to the 2002 version to the new version side by side, a lot is different in nearly every song. its kind of neat having two versions of the same album that have the same basic structure but sound very much different.

bulb

Reaction score
i like the new version a lot better, there are a few things i liked better with the older one, but the problems with the old one far outweigh the good bits haha. The new tone is cruusssshing and i like the overall drumsound more, just wish they hadnt messed with the vocals and gotten rid of the clean holdsworthy chords in stengah!

god_puppet

Reaction score
I agree with Bulb, I really like the re-issue. There are certain things in the 2002 version that i like more, but overall I'm really liking this re-issue

Ror3h

Reaction score
I spent my last tenner on this album!
And it really is my last tenner, as I dont have a job at the moment and thus no more money coming in argh.
Downloaded the leaked version and I really like it. Only thing I'm not too keen on is how the cymbals sound like the hi pass filter has been set way too high.
Can't wait to get the actual CD in my hands though, as I really want to see the DVD! I was at the Download fest (right near the front actually) and it was a fucking awesome gig! They were the best band there by far.
Blargh!

Oguz286

Reaction score
So i'm gonna get the rerelease, combined they sound awesome \m/

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I went to 2 different Best Buys and neither one had it. I'll just have to keep searching.

Reaction score
i like the reissue a lot, the guitar tone is sick, but i like the sound of the other one too. i dont know which one i like better. i do like the drumming on the first one. the reissue is programmed, and sounds really mechanical. the snare just doesnt have those nice harmonic overtones in it like the old one. still cool though.

')