Meshuggah Tonight!!! (Melbourne, Australia)

• Thread starter dougsteele
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dougsteele

Doug Steele
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Every fuck I know is going. I've been waiting 11 years for this. I'm taking mass cash for shirts and shit.

Feel free to tell me what I'm in for, and for those of you who are going tonight, see you there!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DaRKoN_

kicker of cheats
Reaction score
I saw em on monday night... awesome gig.. however...

WTF!? on getting on stage just before 9 (missed the first song or two waiting for my mate to get there)..... and off just before 10...?! _super_ short set.. I can only imagine it was due to some noise restraints... Hopefully they play for longer for you guys...!!

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Every fuck I know is going. I've been waiting 11 years for this. I'm taking mass cash for shirts and shit.

Feel free to tell me what I'm in for, and for those of you who are going tonight, see you there!!!!

When I saw them, they simply a tight, pummeling band... pretty good stage presence, and great sound. :agreed:

tequila_sauer

Reaction score
Seen them three times and they were AWESOME each time.

Best advice I can give is be ready for the break in Future Breed Machine because the pit goes fucking INSANE.

intereo_luuk

Reaction score
I saw em on monday night... awesome gig.. however...

WTF!? on getting on stage just before 9 (missed the first song or two waiting for my mate to get there)..... and off just before 10...?! _super_ short set.. I can only imagine it was due to some noise restraints... Hopefully they play for longer for you guys...!!

Nah.. they will play a set of 50 minutes or so. I think they'll play most or all
of these 12 songs:

1. Perpetual Black Second
2. Bleed
3. Humiliative
4. Stengah
5. The Mouth Licking What You've Bled
6. Electric Red
7. Suffer In Truth
8. Rational Gaze
9. Pravus
10. Straws Pulled At Random
11. Future Breed Machine
12. Soul Burn

Have fun :hbang:

neon_black88

Reaction score
Just got back from the show, fucking insanely awsome to finaly see these guys ive been watching and listening to all these years in the flesh! I'm still in denial that it happened at all. I was in front of fredrik the whole time, I think I cought a glimse of your walking in Doug, wierd explaining to my friends I recognise this dude from an internet forum.

And yeah that massive half time riff in future breed machine was the highlight of the show to me.

dougsteele

Doug Steele
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just got back from the show, fucking insanely awsome to finaly see these guys ive been watching and listening to all these years in the flesh! I'm still in denial that it happened at all. I was in front of fredrik the whole time, I think I cought a glimse of your walking in Doug, wierd explaining to my friends I recognise this dude from an internet forum.

And yeah that massive half time riff in future breed machine was the highlight of the show to me.

Ah, man, they were great. I do think the guitars could have been louder, I didn't even wear ear plugs and I wear them religiously. Also, apparently Jen didn't like the crowd's reaction after the songs, cuz they fucked us by not playing an encore. And someone told me Jens said straight out that Adelaide was better. Fuck him. I think everyone was just paralyzed by finally seeing perfection onstage, shell shocked.

However, I fucking loved it and bought 2 shirts, one of which I'm wearing right now.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Yeah, last night was amazing. I was pretty surprised that Alchemist were the support, I really like some of their stuff and they played pretty well. Meshuggah fucking ripped on stage, but that's probably not news to folks here. Jens alone had the stage presence of an entire band. As short as the 1 hour set was, I don't feel ripped off in any way. Paid AU$50 for the ticket, so can't complain at all. I can't say I'm that amazed with how good they sounded or played - we all know they're good and I wasn't expecting less. But I was definitely in awe of how they can replicate it all live, seemingly effortlessly. Future Breed Machine and Bleed were completely fucking epic. I cannot wait til next time.

piccoblade

Reaction score
I saw them in Sydney on monday night and yes we got the 1 hour set too. Same as someone posted earlier but without Soul Burn at the end.

I heard somewhere that this Australian tour has been one of their most successful tours ever as a headlining act. So that pretty much guarantees they will come back regularly.

Oh I also met Fredrick during the day. He came into my work and bought a Boss guitar tuner. No shit! ahaha

neon_black88

Reaction score
Ah, man, they were great. I do think the guitars could have been louder, I didn't even wear ear plugs and I wear them religiously. Also, apparently Jen didn't like the crowd's reaction after the songs, cuz they fucked us by not playing an encore. And someone told me Jens said straight out that Adelaide was better. Fuck him. I think everyone was just paralyzed by finally seeing perfection onstage, shell shocked.

However, I fucking loved it and bought 2 shirts, one of which I'm wearing right now.

He said Adelaide was better on stage so he might have just been fucking with the crowd, but yeah, no encore was shit but the crowd didn't really "ask" for one which I was pretty pissed about because I would have stayed for more defenetly. But either way every single person I went with said they have never seen anything like it.

I was centermeters from getting thomas's stick too, the chick infront of me got one and her boyfriend got the other.

At least I came away from Nevermore with Jeff Loomis's pick :cool:.

God I still can't believe I have actually SEEN them play live. If you asked me what band I wanted to see live the most any time in the last 6-7 years I would have said Meshuggah. I'm wearing my Obzen shirt from the show too :hbang:.

Please don't wait another 15 years to get back here Meshuggah goddamnit.

dougsteele

Doug Steele
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, no one asked for an encore because as soon as FBM ended, the house music turned on before the crowd could start going nuts, putting the fucking kibosh on that.

But man, I fucking love them. They have been my favourite band for so long. I'm so glad I finally got to see that shit. I'd have to say them and SYL are the best 'big' Metal bands I've seen thus far. I don't get out much these days, so forgive me if I'm missing out on tons of other great bands live.

I got a cover gig out in Geelong tonight, ha ha, I'm gonna wear my fucking Meshuggah shirt.

neon_black88

Reaction score
'd have to say them and SYL are the best 'big' Metal bands I've seen thus far.

Oh man I hate you. The only thing really missing from my life is the live SYL experience. Theres two bands I needed to see before I died, Meshuggah and SYL. Unfortunatly It doesnt look like thats gana happen now :(. Which is a fucking shame because I wouldn't care if I never saw another live band in my life if I just had those two under my belt.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
They usually never play anything after FBM, here the crowd was crazy and Jens was thanking them all the time. But also no encore

')