MESHUGGAH!

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want to come off sounding cocky, but Bleed doesn't sound that fast to me. I think the rhythm's really difficult to nail, but if that was just straight 16th notes, i'd be able to play it. :shrug:

The note groupings in the rhythm are what make it painfully fast, 32nd-32nd-16th-16th (or 16-16-8-8 depending on what tempo you're at), and the fact that it's unforgivingly tight for the whole song make it uber hard hard...however, it's 9000 times easir to do on the guitar than the drums, that's one of the most evil kick patterns imaginable :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FortePenance

Reaction score
Yep, I'm agreeing with y'all on the rhythm, it's difficult but I can ALMOST nail straight up tremolo picking at around 230bpm.

Oh well, this conversation is pretty redundant though, since Bleed isn't straight-up tremolo picking anyway. :lol:

/derail. >.>

Reaction score
Believe it or not i have a valid reason, i have to take it in to the shop i bought it from so they can teach me how to change the tuning on floyds, stringing on floyds, and how to install the floyd right, so RIGHT after that i PROMISE ill get to it.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought it didnt sound that fast either, im used to the whole right hand gallopy gallopy thing. I thought that untill I tryed. It's 230 bpm. I find the rhythm easy. Set a metronome to 230bpm and try to play 16ths gallops to it, its FAST.

The rhythm is xxx x xxx x xxx x xxx x 1000

If you can even do tight xxx xxx xxx xxx, at 230 bpm I commend you.

Its probably some of the fastest galloping ive heard :shrug:

It's 115bpm actually with 32nd gallops on 16th notes, you guys love to cheat on the bmps don't you :)
not that it makes a difference in this case :shred:

War

/THREAD

IMO best mesh song EVAR!!!shift1 :scream:

as a quick note to that song. the drums were done in DFH and Jens plays all the guitars (aside from the solo, which is fredrik. I think). It's not really a meshuggah song, it's more of a showpiece for DFH.
also, listen carefully at around 1:10

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
as a quick note to that song. the drums were done in DFH and Jens plays all the guitars (aside from the solo, which is fredrik. I think). It's not really a meshuggah song, it's more of a showpiece for DFH.

Hmmm... It's still one of my favourite "Meshuggah" songs out there.

neon_black88

Reaction score
It's 115bpm actually with 32nd gallops on 16th notes, you guys love to cheat on the bmps don't you :)
not that it makes a difference in this case :shred:

Well its EXACTLY the same thing either way. 16th note at 230 = 32nd note at 115. The end result is the same.

It was a birthday present for Fredrik as far as I recall. May have been a different member.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
Ritual!
Ritual!

And Sickening, or Gods or Rapture.

GOR has a wicked Groove bit in it.

Otherwise NMCC is a compleatly Tr00 choice.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Well its EXACTLY the same thing either way. 16th note at 230 = 32nd note at 115. The end result is the same.

Yeah. But I see so many people claiming they play 16ths at 280bpm when they are actually only doing 8ths.
I can play at 9000bpm! one note every 20 bars :)

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol, just to clarify:

Bleed is a kind of 4-note gallop. At 230bpm it is 16ths over 8ths, and at 115bpm it is 32nds over 16ths...they're both identical, it doesn't really matter, and the guitars were probably tracked using 230bpm for accuracy anyway...either way it is a fast and incredibly difficult rhythm.

I did tab 80% of the drums from the radio rip, but the file got corrupted :mad: Nevermind, it shot my respect for these guys through the roof (especially Thomas).

neon_black88

Reaction score
Lol, just to clarify:

Bleed is a kind of 4-note gallop. At 230bpm it is 16ths over 8ths, and at 115bpm it is 32nds over 16ths...they're both identical, it doesn't really matter, and the guitars were probably tracked using 230bpm for accuracy anyway...either way it is a fast and incredibly difficult rhythm.

I did tab 80% of the drums from the radio rip, but the file got corrupted :mad: Nevermind, it shot my respect for these guys through the roof (especially Thomas).

Yep.

Vision

Reaction score
Maybe the first minute or so could be qualified as easy to an experienced guitarist.

BUT, when they start changing it up after the first break it is not so easy.

I can do it but my forearm starts burning after about 2 minutes. :shred:

I just heard this song this morning and I have been practicing it all day! I never got into them before, but this song made me a total convert. I have been tuned into their myspace all day, lol. Now I see why so many people here are into them... that just pwns.

MrRedRaider

Reaction score
I like playing their songs from None more than any of them. I really like their thrashy side more from a "cover" prospective. I did a cover of Sickening not long after I got a copy of DFH2 and my seven string. Fun to play along with, but still has some finger tripping riffs. Plus Fredrik plays some wicked solos on that album; not to mention CC. I love his jazzy styled legato solos. After None and Nothing, his solos got rather lame!

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I still want to see someone doing it, I mean I know its not impossible, I just HAVEN'T seen anyone playing that intro. And I still say its some of the fastest galloping I'VE heard. 230bpm is not to be scoffed at, it starts sounding fast and djenty at like 180 or 190, alot of Fear Factory stuff is at that.

The only galloping of the kind I've ever heard faster is Iced Earth's Stormrider on Alive in Athens...

xxx x xxx x xxx x xxx x xxx atleast 240-250bpm

xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx 230-240 somewhere in that region

the sicker part? My brother can play it pretty tight haha... that's what you get for practicing Iced Earth for many years. I'm doing pretty decent myself.

I should make a clip with him tomorrow maybe :idea:

DaRKoN_

kicker of cheats
Reaction score
speaking of meshuggah, picked up my tickets today \m/ as they are finally touring australia.

')