MESHUGGAH!

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Contradictions Collapse was recorded with six-strings tuned down a step and a half; it wasn't until None that they started using the seven-strings which they tune to Bb. Nothing onwards is eight-string material in a bunch of different tunings.

intereo_luuk

Reaction score
yeah and if you wanne play 8 string shit, put a capo on the 1ste fret and put an octaver on your sound.. sound sucks though.

I like to play sickening, sane and NMCC. If you're familiar with guitar pro, you can just change the tuning of the guitars and bass to B.

FortePenance

Reaction score
yeah, but NMCC is also great fun.

Same here but I am slowly building up to it. Got pretty close yesterday. Gimme a week and I will have the right hand down, then it's down to getting the rhythm down between the insane picking and the left hand.

And I have also yet to see anyone else play it on guitar

I don't want to come off sounding cocky, but Bleed doesn't sound that fast to me. I think the rhythm's really difficult to nail, but if that was just straight 16th notes, i'd be able to play it. :shrug:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want to come off sounding cocky, but Bleed doesn't sound that fast to me. I think the rhythm's really difficult to nail, but if that was just straight 16th notes, i'd be able to play it. :shrug:

But it's not straight 16ths. that would be easy :)
The picking rhythm is insane, and pretty speedy

neon_black88

Reaction score

I thought it didnt sound that fast either, im used to the whole right hand gallopy gallopy thing. I thought that untill I tryed. It's 230 bpm. I find the rhythm easy. Set a metronome to 230bpm and try to play 16ths gallops to it, its FAST.

The rhythm is xxx x xxx x xxx x xxx x 1000

If you can even do tight xxx xxx xxx xxx, at 230 bpm I commend you.

Its probably some of the fastest galloping ive heard :shrug:

neon_black88

Reaction score

05_06_01meshuggah5.jpg

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score

Maybe the first minute or so could be qualified as easy to an experienced guitarist.

BUT, when they start changing it up after the first break it is not so easy.

neon_black88

Reaction score
Maybe the first minute or so could be qualified as easy to an experienced guitarist.

BUT, when they start changing it up after the first break it is not so easy.

I still want to see someone doing it, I mean I know its not impossible, I just HAVEN'T seen anyone playing that intro. And I still say its some of the fastest galloping I'VE heard. 230bpm is not to be scoffed at, it starts sounding fast and djenty at like 180 or 190, alot of Fear Factory stuff is at that.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
What album is "War" from? I've never heard Meshuggah like that before! I checked their wikipedia and couldnt find what album it was on.

Call me a deviant, but as much as I love the Jaunty odd, angular albums like Nothing and Catch 33, "Combustion" from oBzen is still their best song. Relatively no messing, just pure fucking power and aggression. Blinding!

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
What album is "War" from? I've never heard Meshuggah like that before! I checked their wikipedia and couldnt find what album it was on.

Call me a deviant, but as much as I love the Jaunty odd, angular albums like Nothing and Catch 33, "Combustion" from oBzen is still their best song. Relatively no messing, just pure fucking power and aggression. Blinding!

War is from Rare Trax I believe. :)

I love Combustion but Spasm from Nothing just destroys.

Reaction score

Yeah it is from Rare Trax i have it :p

Oh yeah i got one last question for you guys,

when i tap my loomis (go ahead make a thats what she said joke) on the high E string it keeps slipping off the neck because its so close to the edge. Suggestions? I've only had this thing for a day and its probably my technique...but i just wanted to make sure. :hbang:

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
I still want to see someone doing it, I mean I know its not impossible, I just HAVEN'T seen anyone playing that intro. And I still say its some of the fastest galloping I'VE heard. 230bpm is not to be scoffed at, it starts sounding fast and djenty at like 180 or 190, alot of Fear Factory stuff is at that.

Word. It does sound tricky though. When they start throwing in the octave:x x xxx x x x x x xxx (not sure if that is totally right, but it's whats in my head atm) it just further complicates things...lol

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

I've got (re)Nothing, that whole album fucking slays. The section in the middle of Spasm where the drums change from the snare / kick / ride of Haake's usual style into that huge snare beat is amazing, the stunted guitar riff behind it is cool as fuck too. Totally awesome band. I should see them live in September but I'm not sure I can be arsed.

Yeah it is from Rare Trax i have it :p

Oh yeah i got one last question for you guys,

when i tap my loomis (go ahead make a thats what she said joke) on the high E string it keeps slipping off the neck because its so close to the edge. Suggestions? I've only had this thing for a day and its probably my technique...but i just wanted to make sure. :hbang:

Try tapping right down onto the string, sounds like you are coming it too laterally, tap it as if you are fretting it with your right hand instead of flicking it down towards the edge of the neck and you should be ok.

Reaction score
I've got (re)Nothing, that whole album fucking slays. The section in the middle of Spasm where the drums change from the snare / kick / ride of Haake's usual style into that huge snare beat is amazing, the stunted guitar riff behind it is cool as fuck too. Totally awesome band. I should see them live in September but I'm not sure I can be arsed.

Try tapping right down onto the string, sounds like you are coming it too laterally, tap it as if you are fretting it with your right hand instead of flicking it down towards the edge of the neck and you should be ok.

Yeah you were right, :p

Latest posts

')